We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

alternative to walking pedestrian path from US to Mexico sid

Oceanside...
2 posts
Save Topic
alternative to walking pedestrian path from US to Mexico sid

What's the best way to get transportation from San Ysidro US side of the border to the Mexican side if I'm only going 1.5 - 2 blocks into the Mexican side. I park on the US side and walk the long and winding footpath which takes me 30 mins. using my walker.

The return walk is less difficult, so I don't mind walking back across to the US side (going through customs). But, the pedistrian walk from the US side and 1.5 blocks in, is too difficult. I don't want to drive over. Any suggestions for transporttion?

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: alternative to walking pedestrian path from US to Mexico sid

If you park in the first lot on the right hand side as you exit the freeway . I believe they still have the busses to take you into Mexico maybe if you ask they can drop you off at your location. It is worth a shot asking.

Oceanside...
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: alternative to walking pedestrian path from US to Mexico sid

Thank you. To clarify the location of the lot you mention, do you mean I should take my first right as I come off the exiit ramp of the 5 fwy (last exit)? I've never looked in that area. I usually drive closer to the border to park. Do you have the name of the bus company, or a street name?

Oceanside...
Level Contributor
515 posts
120 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: alternative to walking pedestrian path from US to Mexico sid

Not sure the name but I believe they use mexicoach but yes it is immediately on the right hand side once you exit off of the freeway.

4. Re: alternative to walking pedestrian path from US to Mexico sid

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 July 2014, 05:17