We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Overturned Semi

houston, tx
Level Contributor
119 posts
67 reviews
Save Topic
Overturned Semi

Just returned from Cabo today and am curious about an accident we came across this past Saturday as we were driving back from Art & Beer to Cabo San Lucas. We were traveling along the main highway, when all of a sudden we came upon 30+ vehicles stranded by a semi that had overturned on a bridge and was blocking both sides of the highway. The drivers were unhurt, but the wreck was terrible. We managed to follow a caravan of 10+ vehicles back to Cabo San Lucas across the dessert on one of those dirt roads (quite the adventure!), but I'm just curious as to how long it took to clear the highway and just how that was done if any of you fellow TS's just happened to be in that predicament.

Los Cabos
Level Contributor
2,405 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: Overturned Semi

Is this the bridge and then a sharp left turn, going south? I did not see the accident you referenced but there is a truck overturn there about 4 times a year. I saw one there two months ago returning from La Paz. The truck had caught fire and was a burning hulk. They have to get a special large tow truck to remove the wreckage. It can take at least a couple of hours....or more.

houston, tx
Level Contributor
119 posts
67 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Overturned Semi

Yes, that sounds like the right place. Someone in the crowd mentioned how dangerous that curve is.

3. Re: Overturned Semi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 26 October 2009, 06:20
Get answers to your questions about Todos Santos