We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
903 posts
53 reviews
Save Topic
Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

I found Todos Santos by accident 'surfing' Trip Advisor. Is the beach at Rancho Pescadero swimmable? We would not rent a car, how available are taxis and are they reliable? How far (driving time) from Rancho Pesadero to the town of Todos Santos? We prefer smaller, botique type resorts, how many rooms does the RP have? It sounds like a lovely resort. We would want to go when it is the least crowded-what month? And, would it still be warm enough to swim that month? Is there a better resort in that area for what we are looking for? We basically like to swim, lay on the beach or pool and read and have quiet time. We do enjoy snorkeling, any available in this area? Would Cerritos Beach area be better? Sorry for so many questions. I'm just starting my research.

Rifle, Colorado
Level Contributor
3 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

Todos Santos is a wonderfull town but you need a car to get around. The beaches are spread out and swimming is not recomended at most of them.The town is not right on the water but is very quaint with lots of good places to eat. People are friendly and helpful. Its 90 mins from the airport and about 60 mins from Cabo. It's worlds apart from Cabo, in a good way. The season people don't go, but that's cheapest, is summer. It's very hot,probably even for someone from Vegas.

I say try it you'll like it. I love it.

Mentioned in this post
San Francisco...
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

RP us awesome...right on the beach with about 20 rooms spread out over several buildings. Swimming anywhere on the Baja Peninsula is not recommended, but everything else is an option.

Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
903 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

Thanks for the replies! We are looking for a 'swimmable' beach, so will look elsewhere!

Regina, Canada
Level Contributor
134 posts
60 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

Cerritos Beach is the only swimmable beach on the pacific side of the Baja. About 1km down from the public beach there's a 'Dangerous Water' sign and the beach gets steep.

The surfing and public beach area is swimmable. There's a number of hotels in that area - check out the El Pescardero area hotels on here (Hacienda, Villa de PEscadero, Cerritos Surf Colony etc.)

Boulder, Colorado
Level Contributor
1,275 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

Have stayed at Rancho Pescadero now 6 times and will be back next month.

It is a very special hotel and property! It is small - perhaps 20 rooms with 2 pools - one more quiet and one bit more happening and a huge expanse of pristine beach for long glorious walks and lazing on the day beds and cushioned beach chairs. It is an amazing hotel in the middle off no where.

Todos Santos is an easy 15 minute drive. However you may never wish to leave this oasis. I have seen people swim in the water in both March and November but would not recommend swimming. I think November or late October is the quietest time and water is warmest however anytime you are at RP it is quiet because so boutique/small.

We too love to swim in the ocean and if you want a super ocean/ water trip I highly suggest you look into the island of Anguilla. Have been to many, many beach destinations and no where compares to this island in the Caribbean.

Mentioned in this post
Anguilla
Anguilla
Caribbean
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Las Vegas, Nevada
Level Contributor
903 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

Very true about the Caribbean. That has been our destination for many years now. Just returned from Turks and Caicos and must admit it was the most beautiful beach and water we have ever seen! We were just looking for a nice beach destination closer, in other words, not having to spend 12 or so hours flying, laying over, etc...

Mentioned in this post
Caribbean
Caribbean
North America
Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
180 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

We stayed at Rancho Leonero and I think it fits your wishes - and you can swim there. It is about 60 minutes from the airport and far away from anything else. Very small simple resort . Read the reviews on it.

8. Re: Multiple Questions-Rancho Pescadero, Beach, Safety, Etc.

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 June 2013, 16:22
Get answers to your questions about Todos Santos