We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Mexican Cruise during Christmas

Santa Barbara...
5 posts
Save Topic
Mexican Cruise during Christmas

Hi all,

My brother and his wife and 3 teen-aged (13-19 YO) daughters and my wife, our 10 YO daughter and (my brother and my) 70 something YO mother, are all going on a Mexican Cruise for 7 days during Christmas this year, courtesy of Mom (Thanks Mom!). The stops are Cabo San Lucas, Mazatlan and Puerto Vallarta. We are very familiar with Cabo since we have had a Condo there for over 20 years. My question is about the other 2 destinations. I've never been on a cruises, but I know they let us off at the ports for the day, usually for 5-8 hours. What would be a good excursion for our families to consider while we are in Mazatlan and PV? We would like to get away from the hustle and bustle of the big city. We've considered renting a passenger van and travel ( no more than an hour or so) to some place nice/interesting/fun? Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Bucerias, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Bucerias
Level Contributor
3,493 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Mexican Cruise during Christmas

In Vallarta, if you rent a van, you have 2 directions to go. South of PV is Mismaloya. That is where night of the Iguana was filmed as well as Predator. Nice beach and beautiful area to look at. If you go north of PV, you can hit Bucerias, and Sayulita for a day drive. Nice beaches, shopping ect. Sayulita is a surfing town where Bucerias is a fishing town. Either way, you will enjoy scenic drive.

Have a great trip!

Washington State
Destination Expert
for Yosemite National Park
Level Contributor
57,930 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Mexican Cruise during Christmas

Hi Gregavi

I recommend posting directly on those destination forums. Few folks check this Pacific Coast collector one.

Santa Barbara...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Mexican Cruise during Christmas

Thanks so much. I will look at both places you have recommended.

Santa Barbara...
5 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Mexican Cruise during Christmas

Thanks. Good idea. I will do that.

5. Re: Mexican Cruise during Christmas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 July 2014, 06:21