We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Where to stay, what to do - MeXiCo

Canberra, Australia
Level Contributor
13 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Where to stay, what to do - MeXiCo

Hi TA.

My husband and I are holidaying in Mexico for two weeks in November.

Our plan is to stay on the PV side for a week and the Cancun side for the other week. We are looking for ideas of areas to stay on both sides of the country. It doesnt have to be Cancun and PV. I actually think Cancun might be too full on for us - so maybe Playa del Carmen.

Thanks in advance for your suggestions :)

Danielle

Saskatoon, Canada
Destination Expert
for Riviera Maya
Level Contributor
12,994 posts
49 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Where to stay, what to do - MeXiCo

I would say staying one week in Puerto Vallarta area and the other in the Mayan Riviera would be a great Mexico trip!

In PV, I would stay in the 'Romantic Zone' (south end of city) about three nights- doing a day trip south of the city to check out Boca de Tomatlan, Las Animas, Yelapa, Mismaloya. You can do things like horseback riding and ziplining down there.

Then, stay for four nights up north of the city in Nayarit, stay in Sayulita, exploring that town and surrounding area. Sayulita is a cool little surfing town, feels like California in Mexico. If you like peace and quiet- choose San Pancho next door instead.

(Google Earth these places! :) )

Then fly from PV to Cancun. Spend two nights on Isla Mujeres, do a golf cart tour, snorkel at Garrafon de Castilla, enjoy all the island's restaurants and the best beach on this coast of Mexico, Playa Norte.

Then take the ferry back to the mainland and head down to Playa del Carmen and stay in town the rest of your trip- from here you can do tons of days trips or tours, to see ruins, etc.

2. Re: Where to stay, what to do - MeXiCo

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 June 2015, 05:16