We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Acapulco Shaking

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Acapulco Shaking

Zaaa, get out the Hagen Daaz, I'm coming over. Don't know how big it was but at 12:40 my building was shaking. Guess I'll never get used to it and the noise freaks me out. All the car alarms are going off on the costera. I'm ready to live in a Palapa on the beach.lol.

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Acapulco Shaking

Yikes.....there's gonna be no ice cream left in Aca! LOl

I found this article...

timesonline.co.uk/tol/…article1649711.ece

Hold on til we get there!

Be safe,

Joy

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Acapulco Shaking

lol.........yeap another little shaker to let us all know we are still alive...lol......by the way rolynnn this happend at 1130 pm i was watching the local evening news at the time you should of seen the look on the news casters face of tv azteca when this happend........but then i made my normal mad dash for my sons room ............when it was over checked the fridge to make sure there was still hagen daaz in there and went back to watching the news when they later on informed us that it was a 6 on the ricther scale.......nice one.......lol...........we needed one we havent had one for a while and the old timers that have lived here always do say that just before the rainy season begins we get a shaker..........and just before tha rainy season is going to end we get another one.......to tell you the honest truth just before i laid down to watch the news i was thinking about this and have been thinking about this for the past week .........and va va va boom there she blows........lol.........according to the news the epicenter was located between coyuca de benitez and acapulco.............no damage has been reported so far...........there was no after shocks ..........but i will be stocking up on the hagen daaz just in case so come on over roylnn........lol......zzaa

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Acapulco Shaking

nope rolynn you were correct with the time iam wrong ......lol......the news was on but it was the midnight news brodcast that i was watching trying to fall alsleep........this mornings news said it was a 5.7......who cares what flavor should i get.........lol.......zzaa

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Acapulco Shaking

One of the reports on line said there was an aftershock, I took something to sleep so obviously I missed that one. Heard there is a Ben and Jerry's in town, if they have Coffee Heath Bar Crunch, that would be the flavor of choice. lol

Every picture in my house is crooked, kind of the same effect as when the maid cleans, and the cracks from the last one got bigger, guess it's time to get them all filled in. Still think a palapa on the beach would make me feel better as opposed to the top floor in a high rise.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Acapulco Shaking

what time was the after shock???........i didnt sleep all night......lol......heading out to look for the right flavors..........lol....zzaa

Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Acapulco Shaking

Rolynn That is good there was no damage. What condo complex do you live in Acapulco?

It llooks like I will be coming down to Acapulco at the end of the month I hope the earthquaks are done before I get there.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Acapulco Shaking

Scotty, I live in the Penthouse of Torre de la Loma the big white building on the hill near Wal Mart, and let me tell you it was rockin and rolling. By the time you get here the building will be beige as we're in the process of a re do. My friends on the 2nd floor slept thru the whole thing and didn't feel a thing. Whatever they're taking to sleep I want the same thing, lol.

Floral Park, New...
Level Contributor
305 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Acapulco Shaking

LOL that must be nerve wracking....I am glad to have never experienced in so far..(Knock on wood)

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Acapulco Shaking

Opps ,

Yes we were in touch and heard my books all fell off the shelves and who knows what else?

Hold On!!!

It is just the usual I believe too with the ending of the rains and getting ready for the winter season.

Acasun............

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Acapulco Shaking

I think it was just someones special way of reminding you of your Birthday! Or just saying Happy Birthday, with a bang, boom, bah!

Happy Birthday, be safe...

Joy