We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Villamar Princesa Suites

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
286 reviews
Save Topic
Villamar Princesa Suites

Anyone every stayed here? My parents need just a one-nighter in a place near The Grand Mayan since they are arriving one day early. I am just looking for an inexpensive, safe and clean place for them before they check in to their resort. I can't find any reviews for this place so am wondering if anyone knows anything about this place?

tj

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

where did you find this place??????.....zzaa

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

Zzaa, I think I've seen this on Boulevard Naciones on the Costco side.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,867 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

Zzaa, It's across the road from the Princess golf resort on the other side of the highway. I've wondered about it myself. I've seen pictures of units somewhere and it looked pretty nice. I think it would be ok for one night. I'll try to find those pics and post the site. If I remember right, I think it's got some sort of security as you enter. I could be mistaken about that, however.

Have you got a price for it yet? If so, do you mind posting what the price is?

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

just make sure that it wasnt one of those places that was flooded when the tail end of hennriette blew by acapulco............thats my best advice..........still working on the road out their and there is alot of dust and noise..........but this should be finshed by dec 15th........zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,335 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

A couple of other travelers have inquired about this facility in the past ... for the same reasons (one night before heading for the Mayan).

According to one of our local-resident forum-members (AcaSun), the place is "OK". I've also looked up (for your benefit) the name of the person who stayed there this past winter - for a night ... and messaged him to visit the forum, if possible, and provide you with some first-hand personal-experience info. Hopefully, he'll see your post and respond.

Good Luck -

RonVal

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

Thank you! I would love it if someone could give more info about it. I found it on Expedia when I was doing a search for a resort that appeared to be near the Grand Mayan. Since it's only for one night, the don't want to pay "resort" prices. Expedia's price is $74/night, and since it's so "cheap" it kind of concerns me, although there are MANY hotels in Acapulco listed on Expedia for under $100. Villamar Princesa Suites just seems so nearby to the Mayan, but I just need to make sure it's not dirty and slimey.

Any more info would be great!

tj

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

its not dirty just telling everyone what i saw up close........the water when hennirette passed thru here came up to the homes flooding them...........of course the water is gone now but what worries me is the damage caused by this and the on going constrcution right in front of this area on the main ave...........i will do some investaging of my own and give you a bit more information of what kind of condition they are in........hope this has been of some help........zzaa

Delray Beach...
Level Contributor
8 posts
286 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

Yes, definitely a help! Is there another hotel you would recommend for less than $100 for one night that is near The Grand Mayan? I just need to make this super easy on the parental units.

9. Re: Villamar Princesa Suites

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 September 2009, 19:17