We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Chinese Food

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
944 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Chinese Food

Can anyone recommend a really good chinese food restaurant, we have never found a really good one for many, many years. In our opinion the best was Shangrila and everytime we walk past that street we recall all the wonderful dinners and fun times we spent there.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Chinese Food

Suntory on the Costera where Big Mamas used to be. They use the old Shangrila's menu. Their original location was up from LaDiana across from the big Commercial. The best Chinese food I have had in ACA.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Chinese Food

Sorry the name is Sungari. Suntory is in Costa Azul.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Chinese Food

Suntory is Japanese, Hibachi/Sushi chain restaurant..with a nice garden.

There's a Chinese restaurant in Costa Azul that I have heard is good. Perhaps AcaSun or Rolyn can chime in on this one.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Chinese Food

Yes, need we have a fairly decent Chinese Restaurant in the Costa Azul, it's name was Hong Kong but I think they changed it. It isn't as good as Shun Lee Palace in NYC but if you need an egg roll or a chinese fix, its good enough. It's on the same street as Plaza Bombay don't know the name

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Chinese Food

NEW NAME:

China House and is a stones throw from Comercial Mexicana in Costa Azul on right side of street going into Costa Azul.

CHINA HOUSE: 481-2817

A new more elegant place and with a "great view" is ASIAN GRILL located on the Escenica Highway at the entrance to Sr. Frogs. Air conditioned with a beautiful bay view! Connected to Sky Garden Club too.

Well the Shangri La was good in its day but newer menu's have come along.

Asian Grill is more $$ and China House is just so so!

ASIAN GRILL:446-5771 & 446-5892

www.asiangrill.com.mx

Acasun.......

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Chinese Food

It sure ain't a Wo Hop...LOL

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Chinese Food

Acasun, have you eaten at the Asian Grill? Would love to know if the food is really good.

483 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Chinese Food

who owns the restaurant, mexicans or the chinaman, and what about the chef? inquiring minds would like to know..

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Chinese Food

there is a chinese restaurant in a mall by the name of cheduari.....i think i spelt this right.....lol..but what i want to say is that the people who run this place are 100% chinese......it is like a take out place.....the food is cheap but it is lacking the good old chinese flavor......this is not a place that i would recommend just trying to answer globes question but i would say that this is about the only one that has chinese owners.......i still havent got to the one in costa azul........but i will one day when i have the time.........lol.......zzaa

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,472 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Chinese Food

Have you tried Sungari? I think it is one of the best in ACA. On the Costera across the street from Bodega Auerrea (sp?) where Big Mamas used to be.