We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

o jardim for dinner

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Topic
o jardim for dinner

had to opurtuntiy of going with some friends to o jardim for dinner this evening........very good food and very good service......the food did not stop coming......it was fantastic.......zzaa

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,570 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: o jardim for dinner

zzaa

Very glad to hear that. Will be going in the next week or so

Thanks

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: o jardim for dinner

zzaa thanks for the update......we are definately going to try it in May........could you please give me a little over all picture to what this restaurant is like and how it serves its food......I'm sorry if this has been asked before but you do such a great job explaining things......oh do you think it will be open in May......because I think some restaurants close in the off season.......thanks again

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: o jardim for dinner

i can call and find out for you mom.........it is a small of the beaten path restaurant........very tropical decor........it is acutally a house that has been conferted into a restaurant........the owner a very simple gentleman who will come to the table and serve you himself after a few rounds seems to right on top of everything there.......

you sit down ask what you would like have to drink and then the fun begins.......a whole bunch of different appitizers have been put on your table for tasting......

then everyone is asked if they would care for a soup yesterdays special cream of corn.......very good and it didnt come out of a can freshly made.......

then i think that the salads came out........at this point my head began to spin because all of the food that just kept coming out.......i cant remember which was the first thing on scewers that was served to us........you can have more of of what ever you ask for the waiter will come around and slice of the beef chicken pork lamb what ever else there was.....oh yes mexican sausage.......looked more to me like itailian sausage didnt try this one nor the lamb........but non stop food and non stop service.....very tasty no complaints from me......of course when you ask what is this the waiter will joke around with you and say it is iguana ......lol....in my own personal opinion this place does not have one of those great views but it does have what it takes to be one of acapulcos best places to eat go hungry one set price all you can eat.......then came the deserts.......this was a hard one for me iam still trying to watch what i eat fighting the battle of the bludge.....lol......but i did try a little piece of this and that and had a very nice evening.........nothing what so ever wrong with this one......just the location which is a bit out of the way.......one of acapulcos many hidden jewels..........as i have mentioned above mom.....will find out if they will still be open in may for you........zzaa

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: o jardim for dinner

Thanks zzaa for the speedy reply.......have you gone to bed yet????????/I see you were up after 1:00 a.m.....you need your rest too......zzaa......LOL....sorry just being a mom.....LOL...or are you one of those that doesn't need much sleep?

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: o jardim for dinner

P.S. This place sounds perfect and the crowd I'm going with in May are up for anything......and this way I can know whats going on when we go again in Nov.....thats when we go with the couple that haven't gone to out of the norm.....they go skiing or they have been to St. Maarten or Aruba but they never stray off the beaten path.......they haven't been to the islands in years so things have changed there too.....so I like to tease my friends husband because I tell him his to stuffy and he needs to loosen up and try new things and unless he travels with me he won't see the real culture......LOL.....he doesn't know that I get all my great info from TA.......you should see him when we come to the front of some restaurants and he stands outside like a spoiled child and I tell him this is where are going to eat.....and he's mumbling and grumbling like I'm not going in there.....and then when we turn around on him he's left in the street he has no choice but to follow us.....when we leave he's telling us what a great place that was and the food and service was great......thats another big thing with him service he wants everyone to just bow down and serve him.......I don't know where he gets these ideas because his wife is not like that.....but don't worry MOM puts him in his place......LOL....so needless to say this place sounds perfect and I can almost see his face now when we pull up infront of O Jardim it will be PRICELESS!!!!!!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: o jardim for dinner

It's been a favorite of mine for 5 or 6yrs. Make a reservation Momtopets.

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: o jardim for dinner

Thanks Need, I'm sure I can find the # on the reviews somewhere......

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: o jardim for dinner

Momtopets - ask for the table near the pool -- Need's favorite table. It is a nice area to sit with a group.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: o jardim for dinner

Was too busy to type before..ZZAA, glad you got to experience this place, though it's hard to enjoy if on a diet. This is the best deal in town when seeking quanity and quality.

It's amazing that the restaurant does well being so far from the crowds.

Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: o jardim for dinner

Momtopets,

Everyone is right on target with this one. It's a great place for a group and yes, be sure to arrange a table by the pool. I visit each and every year.

However, I would offer one more piece of advice. If anyone in your group has sensitive skin toward insect bites be sure to spray them down first. I don't know why this happens at O'Jardim. But more than any other place in Acapulco, my legs become a feast for teeny tiny critters who sample my legs under the table. Don't get me wrong. This place is super clean and no one else but myself is bothered. My ex had the same issue. So enjoy this great restaurant but don't let the critters enjoy you.

Drew

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco