We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip report day 5 & 6

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
224 reviews
Save Topic
Trip report day 5 & 6

Feb 18th Monday

We have breakfast in the room today before heading out to the Super Gigante near El Cabrito to pick up a couple of things & also 2 boogie boards for 30USD each not too bad & we put them to good use the rest of the trip especially the last day at the Princess.

We spend on few hours on Condesa beach before hopping on the bus for lunch at La Cabana @ 1PM. We enjoy the ride down to Caleta & hop off the bus as we get to the Acamar hotel. La Cabana is just about 100 feet to the left of the Acamar.

For starters we ordered chicken tacos & the shark quesadillas which we had heard so much about & they were really great and i am not surprised as everyones recommendations so farin regards to restaurants & specialties have been right on the money so far. They were served with Guacamole & beans as well 46 pesos & 6 in an order.

For our entrees the wife & I split the Beef & Shrimp kabob which was huge & flavored very nicely for 165 pesos. After finishing up we moved to a table on the beach & grabbed a few drinks while we relaxed & began to talk to some folks from the U.S. who were oddly enough staying at the etel suites & knew Acajane. They had many nice things to say about Telvi & Etel Suites they laughed after they mentioned the owner was very nice & I said Telvi & they were shocked LOL that I knew her name. I then of course mentioned TA & a few of them were familiar with this site but did not ever use it.

After about an hour we grab a cab for 30 pesos to Los Flamingos Hotel & were given the grand tour by miguel a waiter at the hotel. He showed us Johnny Weismuellers (Tarzan) private villa which now rents for 300 per night & another room thats balcony actually overhangs the cliff the view from this room 100 USD per night is absolutely unbelievable.

The regular rooms rent for 19.99 per night & offer the same view. There are hammocks in front of some of the rooms & the pool is not overly big but it is very deep as we took a swim for awhile. This hotel is not all that big & really does not need a bigger pool at all. I expect there were maybe 3/4 of the rooms available while i was there since only 1 couple & 1 single lady were at the pool while we were there & perhaps 3-4 couples having a late lunch in the restaurant. This hotel only has 40 rooms & with the exception of Pozole thursdays you can easily get a table for lunch or dinner but on thursday reservations are a must. This is a place to relax & get away from it all.

The front entrance is filled with pictures & news stories from back in the day celebrities who regularly frequented this establishment. I loved all the John Wayne articles. After about 2 hours or so we leave &thank Miguel for our drinks & tip him handsomely for his time.

We get back to the Fiesta about 5:45 clean up & take a walk to Forza Italiano a short walk east & across the street from our hotel. We arrive about 7:10 & are immediately seated. I would say within 15 minutes there had to be close to 25 people waiting to get in the front door. This is a very popular place & the turnover is quick if you put your fork down your plate is gone LOL no joke I had to grab mine before I was done & before he got away.

I order the Spagheti Con Gamberi 215 pesos which had 4 Jumbo Camarones (Shrimp) flavored with garlic & white wine..All I can say is more please LOL it was really good but it left me wanting a bigger portion. After La Cabana & cocktails at Los Flamingos I decided to forgo appetizers & I wish I hadn't since I was still hungry. My wife Margaret enjoyed the Lasagna Alla Bolgnese 95 peso while kids got Fetticcini Alfredo & Spaghetti Bolognese w/meatballs for 80 & 75 pesos.

All in all we liked Forza & its close I would go there again but I will say Mi Piaci can go head to head in many catagories for a fraction of the cost but also in a very modest environment in the Zocalo which we do not mind at all.

February 19th Tuesday TA day at Vayma

We start our day with breakfast at 100% Natural & I get the pecan pancakes since I was something to really stick since I do not know when I will eat next LOL. I have to say for anyone staying at either Fiesta property or anyone in a hotel in this general area 100% is really an inexpensive breakfast & a table overlooking the Costera is always nice. The fresh fruit drinks are really tasty but after abusing my body for 5 days I feel better for having one. 1 xtra large glass about 5.00USD.

We decide to just relax walking the Costera & check out a few of the shops that we previously had not made our way into yet. They have some very inexpensive shirts & other chachkey(SP) type souvineers shirts 6.00 USD Shirt/hat combo for 10.00 and many other items. We head back to gather our belongings for our trip to PDLC & Vayma.

We meet Acajane in our lobby who decided to join us for the trip and Sabastian picks us up at 12:40in his new Grand Marquis he had just picked up that day.

So we all got the inaugaral ride & it was very comfortable for our 45 minute trek to PDLC we pull up in front of Vayma about 1:30 about and head in. At this time Rolyn & Barbsthoughts from the Forum are already relaxed under a shaded Palapal waiting for us & we all introduce ourselves & there friends & spouses.

When Frenchboy & frenchies, Joy & Lyn, Lacallie & hubby arrive the party begins. We missed you Hobo at this gathering but I knew you were 50/50 on making it. I swear my family always seemed hungry on this trip & 3 orders of chicken tacos were put away with in the 1st hour & I would like to add theyhad my kids seal of approval as the best so far in Acapulco & this is probably there 6 or 7 different batch LOL so congrats to Vayma.

Today like at Paradise the 1st day I really got my drink on & had a great day with everybody I basically stuck with Pacificos with 1 margarita as Parwin the owner was gracious enough to buy the whole TA crew a round & was very cordial spending the entire day with us with her retreivers humphrey & bogart LOL great dogs. We did not even get up to the pool until close to 5 or 5:15 & boy did it feel good very warm & we all charged in finally before sitting at the in pool bar stools for a few more drinks.

We took a few group shots prior to the pool which Robert has placed into a great youtube video so you can see us all lol...At this point I realize i have eaten nothing to this point and share a Camarones pizza with Jane & order a peperoni pie for the family. i head back to the pool to join everyone in the water & it was a fun time had by all as we were the only Patrons in the place for most of this day.

As our day here begins to come to an end with the typically beautiful sunset we all say our goodbyes & grab our cabs to return. The problem at this time is so is everyone else at every beach club all along PDLC & the trip back to town takes awhile it took close to an hour to get to the Etel suites where we dropped Jane off & then continued to Hotel Del Los Reyes to check out Lyn & Joys place while they get ready for dinner.

I really love this place very modest clean & friendly staff in an open air lobby they had A/C in there room with an outdoor deck which not all rooms have but with Joy having the IN here they have a bigger end room.

We take the 4 -5 block walk east to the Zocalo & dine again at Mi Piaci since we did not get back to our hotel it was very casual tonight & relaxing in the night air. We order much the same as previous & enjoy it much like the other day but we are tired now & as its just past 10PM we say our good nights to lyn & joy on a great day & take a bus back home. I think we all had our best day today Vayma and PDLC next year is a must I can't wait already.

One final note Ron this bus is Disco bus LOL This driver must have hit 70 MPH on the return trip we were exhausted but this trip had us laughing our butts us it was hysterical. The others on the bus looked like they were wondering what the hell was wrong with us...Anyway its was a crazy end to a perfect day thanks all....

Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,009 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Ahhh... After reading your report, it feels like I never left. Thanks Truck. It sounds like to did Acapulco right!! Have you posted any pics yet?

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Charlie, allways eating out, LOL.Imagine what you eat in the States, LOL.I hope your wife is a good cook.Interesting to read all you do in one day,I am tire for you, LOL.

Robert,Montreal,Quebec,CANADA

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,854 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Really enjoyed your report, Truck. So the room w/ the balcony over the cliff/ocean is $100? Might have to try it sometime.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Thanks Truck, great report, and it was fun meeting everyone at Vayma's. Think we should start planning 2009 TA meeting now? Should we start the list? lol

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Rolynn you are right, we should start promoting another TA in Acapulco in 2009.I will be there for sure, hoping other Canadians are going to attend, LOL.My new Americans friends are OK and ZZAA must be there in 2009 to put a Spanish Flavor to the meeting:-))) LOL.

Robert, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Drew

I hope to post pics eventually I appear to have a security issue with the computer at the moment that I hope to resolve soon.

Robert & Rolyn

Don't worry I am sure the gathering will be very strong in 2009 I would love to do 2 dates @ PDLC.

Hstx

The room I described has an amazing view the furnishings are of course very modest but looked & smelled clean. I noticed according to some reviews they do get alot of street noise but this room is down by itself & would be perfect for someone wanting a real quiet evening.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,476 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Great review Charlie. Now I have to go back and watch Robert's great video of our gathering. Two trips out to PDLC sounds like a good idea to me! I forgot to mention how good the sangria was at Vayma. Truck's wife and I managed to drink at least two pitchers or was it three . . .

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

great review truck......loved it.....sorry i missed it but zzaa will be at the 2009 get together to add the spanish flare to it.....ole........viva acapulco.........thanks to you once again truck for taking the time to write all of this up......really enjoyed it........zzaa

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Charlie -

I've been following along - and enjoying every minute of it. Looking forward to more (?) - and hopefully some pics (if you got that security issue worked out?).

Glad to hear about your laughs on the disco-bus ;-] Believe it or not, my family still talks about the d-bus as if it were one of the highlights of their trip. Yes - quite an experience, amigo.

Ron

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Trip report day 5 & 6

Jane

2 dates will work for me thats for certain & I lost count on those pitchers as well lol...It also will give others a chance to hopefully make it as well I hope you can ZZAA I know how hectic it must get...

Ron

I will work on the pics this weekend I am patient in many things but not computers lol...

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations