We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

quaint hotel

salt lake city
2 posts
Save Topic
quaint hotel

We are looking for a smaller, more quaint Casa on the beach in Acapulco in November. We like the looks of the Grand Mayan but a 20 story monster hotel turns us off. We prefer to be on the beach or very, very close. We also prefer nice accommodations, nothing tacky, old or outdated or anything close to a Super 8. We like 4-5 star Hotels. Does anybody know if there is such thing? We are a young couple (40's young) so we don't party down all night but would like some light entertainment.

483 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: quaint hotel

"fiesta inn" where "ronva" stays seems to be a smaller scale, and more intimate place...

not certain how much time you plan on spending in your room in aca....if thats the case then "las brisas" maybe more your flavor...regrettably it does not come with a strip of beach, but a salt-water pool by the beach.

if you plan on lounging on the beach, and by the pool, you may like the "fiesta inn" where cleanliness and hospitality is more important, than the walls adorned by picasso.

here are the links to both properties; have fun in the sun! ;-)

tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g150787-d1520…

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150787-d154851…

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,042 posts
226 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: quaint hotel

I already responded on your other post but I agree with Globes The Fiesta Inn is very nice & its on the beach & has a small feel to it but it nor is its sister property the Fiesta Americana villas next door are anywhere close to a 5 star property.

These are nice places as I stay there regularly & they are very new & not outdated whatsoever nor are they hard to get around & they are much cheaper to stay then the properties I mentioned on the other thread.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: quaint hotel

Truck if they want to be in town I agree, but if you need a really good walking beach there isn't anything that compares to the Diamante area. I also don't think the Fiesta Inn is 4 star.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: quaint hotel

Much depends on what your priorities are ... needs, wants, must-haves, et cetera - though I'm not sure that there's a place which will satisfy your desires 100%.

If being away from the main-bay area (and easy/ready access to the city's restaurants, clubs, attractions, & public transportation) is not a problem, Rolynnn has given you an excellent recommendation in the Pierre Marques - although the Camino Real would also be a fine choice. [FYI: It'll be rather "dead" out that way in November, though.]

www.fairmont.com/PierreMarques/

www.caminoreal.com/english/index.html

If you prefer to be in the main-bay area, Fiesta Inn (our own hotel of choice] is a good option ... if staying ON the beach is something important to you. Rates are reasonable; it's a clean/modern 14-story facility; but I wouldn't label it as "quaint". Judge for yourself - here's a link to our online Fiesta Inn photo-albums:

travel.webshots.com/album/557370506gtZWNZ

travel.webshots.com/album/562341704oDYicF

The deluxe corner/bayfront rooms are wonderful! Need any additional info ... feel free to post - or send me a private-message.

If staying ON the beach is NOT as big a priority, there's a more-boutiquish well-regarded property in the main-bay area called the Villa Vera ... about the equivalent of three blocks or so inland (off the main boulevard). It actually might be an in-town facility which would appeal to you ... but if you're really "beach people", you'd have to walk downhill & back.

Here's a website with some helpful/descriptive info on this timeshare-facility:

raintreevacationclub.com/…

And if you'd like some additional real-life answers to any questions on the V.V., forum-member Need4SpeedNJ is the expert on this one. [It's his own home-away-from-home whenever he's in Acapulco.]

As for the "star ratings" system, forget it. Really doesn't apply at all in Acapulco (and for those facilities which have these ratings, they're typically very inaccurate - not reflective of what you'd find here in the States ... hence, useless). My opinion, anyway.

Best of Luck.

RonVal

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,174 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: quaint hotel

One other thought:

There's a very-nice one-bedroom condo in the well-repected Velero y Galeon complex ... just east of Fiesta Inn, ON the beach ... which might appeal to you folks (?). I rented it last May (off-season) for a week - and was more than satisfied with what it offered.

I'd think that (subject to availability) you might be able to get a decent deal on this one for November ... through the owner's son, who lives in New York. [about $100/night, off season]

Here's a link to the photos I took:

travel.webshots.com/album/559091339jPyVmy

RonVal

6. Re: quaint hotel

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 September 2009, 14:20
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations