We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

salt lake city
2 posts
Save Topic
Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

We are looking for a smaller, more quaint Casa on the beach in Acapulco in November. We like the looks of the Grand Mayan but a 20 story monster hotel turns us off. We prefer to be on the beach or very, very close. We also prefer nice accommodations, nothing tacky, old or outdated or anything close to a Super 8. We like 4-5 star Hotels. Does anybody know if there is such thing? We are a young couple (40's young) so we don't party down all night but would like some light entertainment.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

The Pierre Marquez is on the same beach as the Mayan but a much smaller venue and quite nice. I think it is a 4 star hotel. As of this moment there is no 5 star hotel in Acapulco but they are in the process of constructing 2 but to my knowledge they are not on the beach.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

nice choice rolynn.......zzaa

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

Where are they supposed to build those 2 new hotels????Thanks for the information.

Robert, Montreal, Quebec, CANADA

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,030 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

hbelvis

It sounds to me like Rolynn hit it right on Pierre marquis or the Fairmont Princess or even Camino real would be right up your alley...These properties are away from the main part of time but they seem to be more of what you are looking for upscale..

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

The Princess is a big hotel, the Camino doesn't have much beach, certainly not a real walking beach. I stick by my first choice the Pierre Marquez.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

The Princess is a big hotel, the Camino doesn't have much beach, certainly not a real walking beach. I stick by my first choice the Pierre Marquez.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

French Boy, the new hotels aren't on a big long stretch of beach. Hopefully now that they are tearing down that awfully designed shopping center on the beach, maybe a good 5 star will be built.

Loondon, knows exactly where the new hotels are.

One is the Banyon Tree, the other Habita one is in Brisas Marquez and I can't remember exatly where the other one is. I was too lazy to look for her post which will give you the info. Try the search box.

8. Re: Who knows of a more quaint Hotel???

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 22 September 2009, 13:18
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco