We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

new japanese restaurant

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
chicago
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
new japanese restaurant

i read about a new restaurant at the new convention center-- what is the name--

thaks

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: new japanese restaurant

I think you mean the Japanese restaurant Shu at the new Isla mall out towards the airport. There have been some rave reviews - check tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150787-i177-k1854…

chicago
Level Contributor
40 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: new japanese restaurant

thanks

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: new japanese restaurant

It appears that this new Restaurante Shu is an offshoot/division of the Suntory restaurants (on of which is also located in Acapulco).

From what AcaSun and Rolynn have been posting here, it does sound like an upscale restaurant to be added to our "potentials" list (though, as I've mentioned before, we don't do "upscale" very often anymore).

Anyway ...

Here's their website; and though it doesn't specify the Shu locations, I'm assuming that the photo gallery is representative of what's to be found at the one in La Isla.

www.shu.com.mx

Suntory also has a new & comprehensive restaurant website, for anyone interested:

www.suntory.com.mx

RonVal

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: new japanese restaurant

Thanks Ron...Not sure about CT, but in Jersey these hibachi/sushi joints have surfaced everywhere and are mostly very similar.

We have a couple more upscale ones in the area now very similar to the link you provided. I think for locals, it's probably great, but for someone like me who can eat that stuff anytime at home, I'll probably miss it.....I rarely crave hibatchi and I can do with out sushi for 2 weeks.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: new japanese restaurant

Need..don't bite the hand that may feed you!!!

You may enjoy the bar scene there and it's looks!!

Or those chics from DF............

Anafter PURE!!!!!!!!!

acasun...

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: new japanese restaurant

Good point Acasun....I've given up going to a lot of the finer restaurants until last trip. I think on Saturday nights since I don't like to gorge myself and a big night out, I'll be doing some pre game drinks and appetizers at the foo foo scenic highway joints.

It will be a hard sell getting my friend to come to Pure because he's all about BabyO, but if it's just him and I, I may push the agenda. I'm friends with the mgr there and I like the place...It's just too dead though......It's ahead of it's time, but I think will make it in the long run....Besides G-D only knows who or what's funding it presently if you know what I mean.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: new japanese restaurant

Maybe by the time you get your friend here there may be a Baby's out there too??..........

Shu's staff that was brought in from DF has gone and it shows! We were there again daytime and the bar is for sure a night place. Restaurant side is nice though in day light.

Just not the flare but we'll see on a weekends if they can put it out at night? I think basically now the day lunches are working out ok for the area, but it is a night place with the lighting, running waters etc.

But in my opinion they still need to get rid of a few items on the menu and jazz it up with some original sauces!! Mayo and ketchup is not my idea of a Japanese sauce?? Even if it is decorating the plate nicely?? Come on now!!!

IMO - It will be up to the areas weekend residents to see if it goes or if they need to bring back another training course???

(Aawww come on now be nice??)

Acasun.......

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: new japanese restaurant

Somehow I missed the ketchup and mayo, guess what we ordered had it's own sauces and they were OK.

Need, you'll like the bar scene, Hermes, belts, botega venetta shoes, very up scale, pretty girls, nicely dressed, a bit of a schlep but for a one time thing you should check it out.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: new japanese restaurant

Ro,

I was surprised at that too for such a nuevo place, but I asked the next time to be sure I didn't get it again.... and he verified it was ketch & mayo. YUK!!

Looked nice - but Not for me with Japanese foods.

It was a rice with beef pieces and a thin omelet type on the top, with this K & M designed over it!

Just for you to know....

I'd still go back again though.....

acasun....

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: new japanese restaurant

I would go back again also, and remind myself not to get the thingy with the beef and rice. Next time I would like to try eating in the restaurant as opposed to the bar. We definitely will make reservations.