We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Topic
Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

Im checking out the hotels, ive noticed alot of them only offer restaurant and bar services until early evening which i find kind of strange. Anybody know of any hotels with 24 hr food and alcohol services??? and also do they allow smoking in the hotel??

Thanks for the help

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,307 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

In the main bay area, 24 hour hotel service is hardly necessary, as there are so many restaurants and bars available nearby into the wee hours. Most of the hotels I know of offer both smoking and non-smoking rooms.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

I believe only 5 star hotels are required to have 24 hour food and beverage service. There are no five star hotels in Aca as yet, but I heard there are two under construction. WalMart is open 24 hours, they have food and drink LOL

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

Ditto what LACALLIE has said >>> "In the main bay area, 24 hour hotel service is hardly necessary ...".

Many hotels do, however, offer some sort of (limited) room-service, both food & beverages, into the late-night hours (and in some cases, round-the-clock); but it's generally not publicized fro some reason. You'd probably have to do some of your own research on this (which is possible online, at individual hotel websites); and then again, only believe 'half' of what you read & hear - LOL. There are no hard-&-fast 'rules' in Acapulco; or, in other words, they can 'say' one thing - and decide to 'do' another thing, as they please.

Smoking, at least for now, is allowed/accepted just about everywhere & anywhere. I was once told, some time back, by an Acapulqueno that the only place you can't/shouldn't smoke is in church (LOL).

Good Luck.

RonVal

Toronto
Level Contributor
86 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

LOL thanks guys!!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

Some good 24hr spots along the Costera (main drag)

100% Natural (the one upstairs across from Crown Plaza)

El Fogon (Across from Emporio/Playa Suites area...good Mexican food and breakfast

El Zorrito...An Acapulco classic. Big portions, friendly waiters, longevity, some celebrity status from yesteryear....I don't like the food.

Also, WalFart and Oxxo (Wawa/7/11) always open.

Mentioned in this post
Costera
Costera
620 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
El Fogon
El Fogon
77 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Playa Suites Acapulco
Playa Suites Acapulco
354 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
El Zorrito
El Zorrito
167 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

laura what hotel are you thinking of staying at.......dont worry about the smoking rule i live in acapulco and i havent seen it been applied to any of the big estamblishments yet........do they offer smoking or non smoking......yes the do .......you should feel quite comfortable in acapulco.......zzaa

7. Re: Hotels in Acapulco, help!!!

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 27 September 2009, 00:16