We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

We are booked!

usa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Topic
We are booked!

Hello friends,

Finally have had the time to come back and let everyone know that we are booked for our 25th at the

Alcapulco Las Brisis Hotel.

We will be arriving on the 14th of June and are now searching for the right romantic restaurant for the 17th.

Any suggestions?

Thank you all for the information we have gotten at Trip Advisor.

Peter.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: We are booked!

Since you will be here in the hotter months my vote is for a restaurant with A/C. You may get a bit of rain at night too. Baikal although pricey is a very special restaurant, very romantic, great views and good food.

I'm sure others will chime in with their favorite romantic spots.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: We are booked!

iam with you on the restaurant with ac rolynn.....yes baikal is pricey......so is becco.....now lets have some more suggestions to nice and romantic with ac.........its not every year that you celebrate your 25th wedding aniversary...congrats pete to you and the wife......

rolynn......acasun........how is baikal lately?????? it has gotten some nice reviews lately............if you do choose baikal pete......real close to the las brisas hotel where you will be staying........zzaa

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: We are booked!

I like Becco for drinks, I don't really like the food at all. Baikal, however has good food IMHO.

The most beautiful is SHU, no views but the restaurant is gorgeous, again in the high price range but the food is good, and good people watching on the weekend. Zibu, I believe has A/C,too and many like the food, Asian Fusion isn't my cup of tea, but it's beautiful, but not my favorite. I still say Baikal. Even though it is off season I would make reservations in all of these as the weekends get busy.

usa
Level Contributor
78 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: We are booked!

Thank you what kind of food do they serve at the Biakal?

Peter.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: We are booked!

Happy mothers day ladys...

Pete

I think both ZZZA & Rolynn hit the nail on the head I have never been in June but sounds to me A/C is a must this time of year or Bella Vista would have been a nice romantic choice I am sure Baikal is the call here...

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: We are booked!

I agree with Rolynn. I was in Baikal about 6 weeks ago and the food was as excellent as ever, view fantastic, service faultless. One tip: do not look at the prices until after you get the bill (otherwise you might be put off your food).

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,196 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: We are booked!

Hey Pete -

That's great! Early wishes to you folks - that's a special occasion & I'm sure you'll enjoy yourselves.

Can't say anything for Baikal (as we've not been) - but here's their website, if you care to explore it online a bit:

www.baikal.com.mx/homea.html

It's a bit temperamental; but if you click either English or Spanish to enter, then click Menu ... you can horse around with the blank-looking boxes which come up on the left ... to see some of the food offerings [no prices though].

Best Wishes -

Ron

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: We are booked!

pete........listen to the people who have gone that and done this one recently.......iam referring to rolynn and stevemex.........i didnt enjoy my dinner there but then again iam not going to say how many years has gone by since my last birthday celebration there things obviously have changed......bella vista weather permitting too hot baikal for fine dinning with a fantasitc atmosphere and view with ac.....zzaa

East Coast
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: We are booked!

Baikal, hands down. It's the one place you can go where you can count on great food and excellent service plus you don't have to worry about the rain. It would even make it more romantic.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: We are booked!

Petewell,

I think too Baikal is a very good choice as far as food, service and view. Romantic elegant restaurant and as of the heat and with air conditioning an issue, great for that factor.

And FYI Bella Vista in Las Brisasa has air conditioned dining too! but is a bit back from the front view of the bay but still a great view. You may want to stay close to home and try it another night.

SHU is lovely, has action, new look, great place if you enjoy Tepanyaki style prepared foods or Asian appetizers. A distance from Las Brisas and you may enjoy Suntory, in the city, better.

But always call ahead for reservations!!

Acasun....

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco