We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Arrival Day and first day

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Arrival Day and first day

Okay, I'm half in the bag at the moment, but I want to report in since I'm not old enough to carry around a notebook of trip notes. Arrived late because of Thunder storms in Houston. They got rid of the tacky traffic light thingamagig and replaced it with a more modern looking green/red light device. I was questioned because of my 2 large suit cases. They asked if I had gifts for friends. I said no...NOTTTT!...They asked if I had more than 300 dollars worth of stuff in my suit cases....I said no.....Again Nott!! Jeans alone or 200 bucks each....Ridiculous!!!

Hector was waiting for me. I met a cute girl from San Fran on plane, she was meeting friends that were at Princess on a conference of plastic surgery or some crappola like that. Had Hector drop her off on the way and we exchanged numbers.

Stopped at WalFart on way to hotel, loaded up credits on my local phone. With in minutes one of my old time local friends called me. How she knew I was in town is beyond me. Got to the hotel.

Check in was a breeze, they expected I was coming, got my usual room. WEnt up to the pool, had my salad, relaxed (had a migraine), unpacked....one of my regulars that called earlier met us at Cabrito with a friend. Looked like they just walked out of Tabares (thought that's not the case), but I'm not complaining. Had the grilled chicken with mole on the side. They charged us for an extra dessert. Of course I caught that...since I'm not some drunken fool, at least not yet.....I really truly think it's done on purpose, but maybe I'm wrong and I hope I am. My friend tried getting me to party...My rules state not to drink on my first night. Stopped again at WalTart, picked up bottle of Tequila, Don Poncho, white wine, jug of agua for 28 bucks. Not bad!!, dropped it off and went to Ninas.

I didn't realize, but Ninas was fully renovated and very nice. It's 25 cover open bar....WE paid a whopping fat Zero and were at a table with the owner of Cabrito and some dudes that run Classico. I had a club soda..and couldn't wait to leave since I was tired and cranky. My friend took me back to my room....No comment, but I'm tired.

Woke up, ran from here to Diana Circle and back. It's brutally hot (10:30am) and I felt weak...maybe I'm out of shape or adjusting. HAD Breakfast at pool, made some friends, went to lunch at Pipos....Pipos is very good, but pricey IMO compared to others. The fish filet 90 pesos was excellent, but pulpo grilled for 200 pesos....common!! pricey and whole fish there is a rip off. I'd return for the filet. AS we were leaving the hotel, one of my female friends was cruising by with her mom in her pimped out narco looking expedition...She gave us a ride disobeying all traffic signals. I like a girl that can drive...LOL

Relaxed for an hour, headed to Los Flamingos late (7pm ish)...Sol (mgr) went out of his way to greet us. Had pozole verde and water...Very good tonght...even Martin the waiter took great care of us and pozole was very hot and loaded with chicken.

Cabbed to the Zocalo where I badgered ZZAA for sinus medicine recommendations for my vacation partner. Walked around...Zocalo IMO is iffy at best. A lot of creeps hanging around there. Ya all know what I'm saying I'm sure.

Went back, tried to siesta...didn't work, showered at 1130pm, had a younger couple meet me on balcony, took them to Palladium....IMO, a bargain for what you get...40 bucks, open bar, state of the art sound system, great views..etc. Met some chicas from Monterray...Didn't speak English...girl planted her sloppy lips on mine, I backed off (proud of myself on that)....maturing I guess.

330 am, went to Baby O. No cover, expensive round of drinks...Great crowd as always and great service, great management etc.

Walked out 5am (buzzed as all heck) had 6 drinks in total....walked to Tumbras, but it was closed and made the painful decision to call it a night...back in my room wired and typing this nonsense for anyone interested.....Tomorrow brings a new adventure.......One last thing...My friend the waiter by the pool mentioned I have a small gut now.....THX...like I'm not conscious of that snappa head!!!!

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Arrival Day and first day

Wow, you've been busy for just arriving, especially while fighting a migraine! Your stories are always so entertaining and make people feel as if they're there with you. Great report.

We had a similar experience with Pipos when we were there last. The whole fish was a big -- or should I say small, overpriced disappointment but the filet was very good. I guess that's the best thing to order there, as least for us.

Thanks again for the enjoyable report!

NJ
Level Contributor
262 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Arrival Day and first day

LOL well I guess you broke your rules of no partying on the first night - oh well! Have a wonderful time, we are jealous for sure! :D

London, Canada
Level Contributor
563 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Arrival Day and first day

Sounds like you have had fun so far. Might just have to meet up with Need for a fun week of partying. lol.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Arrival Day and first day

small bump in the road, but not the end of the world. I have a blackberry for work and email. I don't take it out with me at night ever. I had it last night before dinner and after at my room. The only people to come to my room was this heavy drinking younger couple we befriended in the pool.

Fairly certain it was them who snagged it when they met up with us at my room. It's very uncomfortable to confront folks your getting friendly with, but I know the staff well here and they did NOT take my blackberry. Obviously I'll have to take this on the chin, but it's a principle thing irritating me.

My buddy is coming on Tuesday and I already had him buy me a new one...Just stinks to have lost all that data and have all my contacts information in someone elses hands. This will not stop me from enjoying this trip to the fullest, but it has taught me to be smarter. Ironically, I'm very protective of my belongings before I go out in case I bring back friends :-) and I never expected 2 gringos to be the culprits. I have no proofe, but I'm a gut instinct guy...

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,134 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Arrival Day and first day

Sorry to learn of your misfortune, amigo - though you've obviously accepted it & moved on (admittedly, much more easily & accepting than I may have done). That's a real bummer.

Otherwise, glad to know that you're enjoying your stay ... once again. Better luck in the days ahead.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Arrival Day and first day

Need, can't you get that Blackberry "locked" to where it is worthless to them? That is truly sad that somebody would take something that does not belong to them or that they did not pay for. You know how I feel about thieves! You sure have a great attitude about it, though. A true vacationer!

calgary AB
11 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Arrival Day and first day

sorry about the phone ... i am so jealous that you're there and I have to wait 3 more weeks. have fun, and have some tacos for me.

Ontario, Canada
Level Contributor
196 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Arrival Day and first day

Sorry to hear about the theft Need, I,ve been ripped off by Gringos while in Acapulco too. I think they feel that since your in Mexico its easier to blame the locals. Darn shame.I,ve always trusted ny Mexican friends & never been ripped off by them.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,977 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Arrival Day and first day

NEED

Richards correct you can totally disable the phone but you need serial # to call it in to ATT&T...There is supposedly an automated area after you type in serial # you hit * # 0 6 # and it will freeze out the phone ..Thats a Zero above BTW...

And nice night out otherwise LOL seems you have it going pretty good. And when you get the new blackberry take a few pictures of the bay or anything good & text it over LOL...

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Arrival Day and first day

Thanks for the concern. It sort of recked my day to be honest with you all. It's not the money, it's rethinking over and over how it may have happened and the respect factor. Yeah, it would be simple to go in guns blazing so to speak and take care of this in a way other matters are settled in this town...LOL, but there's always that 1% remote chance that I could be wrong and someone from the hotel took it or some how some way it's burried in clothing, but trust me on this one....I'm fairly certain.

The couple didn't make it to the public pool today. The hotel mgr that I'm friendly with also said something is strange with them. They refuse to let the chamber maid make the room and they switched rooms today claiming they felt there room was broken into which it wasn't and nothing was missing.....REally Odd...Honestly I don't think it was the dude, but I do think it was his chick....He may not even realize it or may get turned on in some kind of sick way...LOL One thing is for sure, these 2 are drunk all day and night.....They read the forum, but oh well......Tonight will be cool..have dinner plans...I'll try to report up to date as much as able and make it more interesting rather than babble about this stuff.

One quick funny line...I was at Fandango and heard the notorious blackberry chime when emails come in....I went to check my pockets... I looked at my partner and said, hey sir....you didn't happen to receive that from a drunken gringo did you? LOL

BTW, I did get it locked by Tmobile...I think most of my contacts are stored in my laptop so not the end of the world. Just I had emails on there since mid 06.