We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

No water in Acapulco/

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Topic
No water in Acapulco/

We have not had water in three weeks. My brother-in- law says most of Acapulco is without water. Does anyone have any current information on this?(I'm in the Las Playas area)

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: No water in Acapulco/

I heard WalMart is selling 3 gallon jugs for 1.29 USD's

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,030 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: No water in Acapulco/

That would be very surprising this time of year with the rains & all...LOL Need at least theres no price gouging!!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: No water in Acapulco/

Trust me, there is NO WATER in Acapulco. Capama the water company is having money problems........it´s being stolen!! Yesterday I bought a tank truck of water and it has really gotten ridiculous with people trying to find water to bath and wash clothes.

The only area that does have water is the costera. I feel sorry for the poor people who can´t afford to buy a tank truck. It has been this way for weeks and apparently is getting worse with people demonstrating

in front of the water company, blocking streets including the costera.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: No water in Acapulco/

Thank you LiveinAca....Good info! I wasn't sure if I should call a truck for water or not. My resevoir has run dry and yes I've had to buy bottled water for bathing and washing dishes. Stealing money?? I am so surprised!!! Not really, but what a shame so many people have to suffer for others greed.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
463 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: No water in Acapulco/

This is true several times a year in Colonia Jardin Palmas. For the past month there has been a very minimal supply from CAPAMA. We have the biggest cistern in the neighborhood, so the neighbors come over daily with buckets, and one even siphons out from our upstairs rotoplas. We don't mind. They take such good care of our house when we are gone, we are very close to them.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
52 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: No water in Acapulco/

Thanls Solis. I bought a rotoplas last year but it went dry a couple of days ago. My wife and I are adding on to the upstairs so I guess I'll look to improve my water situation also.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: No water in Acapulco/

This is the reason why many houses have such big reserve tanks - we have 3 huge ones and so didn't even notice the lack of water!! Thanks for the reminder - I will order a pipa.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: No water in Acapulco/

We have a new director in charge now; brought in I believe by the Federal level to work and begin repairs to this system.

Yes $$ was reportedly siphoned from the system for years and now will receive assistance on the new project.

We'll try to keep up on it.

Acasun…………

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: No water in Acapulco/

i also live in las playas and the water came back on tonite.........this is a norm in the rainy season but i must say that they are fixing the problem.......zzaa

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,176 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: No water in Acapulco/

Water is precious. Just to add to the absurdity, there was a newspaper advertisement in Canada for "Water Depot" that offered a free 10 gallon refill in a five gallon jug. What a waste....

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco