We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Short Stay in Acapulco

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Short Stay in Acapulco

Not sure what happened to my earlier posting. Another person on my cruise is wild about Su Casa restaurant. I am arriving in Acapulco on a cruise ship. We arrive at 12 noon and depart at 11pm. I want to have one great meal while I'm there. Is Su Casa the place?

Thanks for your help.

David

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

My vote is for Baikal. Su Casa is nice but it doesn't compare to Baikal. Baikal is more pricey but I think it's worth it. Don't know when you are coming but Su Casa is open air, and sometimes very hot whereas Baikal has the view plus air conditioning.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

Is Need on a cruise???

Baikal is nice, one of the fancier restaurants in town, with air and with high prices..

If it's not the hot season and want A/C as Rolynn says, and you've never been to Acapulco before you may want to try Su Casa.

They have OK food and drinks and has a nice typical Mexican terrace feel..

Let us know what time of year you'll be here and I'm sure you'll hear many other suggestions??

Have a good trip...

Acasun....

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

Baikals' view is one of the Best or at the Las Brisas Hotel at the Bella Vista Restaurant..

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

ditto on the resturant info.......but then again what time of the year will you arrive there may be others for good options.......let us know........zzaa

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

I'll be in Acapulco on Nov 14th.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,135 posts
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

It's truly a toss-up (IMO) ... and depends on what your own priorities might be (re: food, view, cost, & ambience/atmosphere). Take your pick.

> Su Casa's fine (and I usually say that all first-time visitors should experience S.C.). Ambience. Very good food. Decent view (from "behind" the tourist/hotel zone) - but nothing compared to the bay-view from establishments along the Scenic Highway. Open-air (as has been mentioned). This one has become quite pricey for what/where it is, IMO; though still worthy of consideration.

www.sucasa-acapulco.com

> BellaVista (@ the Las Brisas complex) has, perhaps, the best restaurant view-of-the-bay ... bar none. Ambience (maybe live sax/piano music on a Friday evening, which is when you'll be in town). Very good service. Good food (though there's been some inconsistency with the food - in the past). Quite pricey but the views are fabulous. Al fresco dining, though I seem to recall someone mentioning that they also have an indoor a/c area (?).

www.brisas.com.mx/?lang=eng&idt=10&lmenu=5

[Note- Their webpage photos don't do it justice.]

> Baikal

www.baikal.com.mx/homea.html

We've not yet been to this one - and will let others' comments speak for themselves. [I do know that it's one of Rolynn's favorites; and that she offers honest/valuable restaurant critiques here at the forum.]

Two other options (?) ...

> The "new" (re-opened) Madeiras Restaurant

www.modernmexican.com/madeiras/index.htm

Beautiful views of the bay. Probably a bit less costly than some of the others; but we've not been here since they re-opened & changed their menu. [Maybe others can offer opinion/comment.]

> Coyuca 22 (which re-opens for the season in early November). One of the few upscale restaurants located on the western side of the bay - on the Peninsula de las Playas (nearer than all of the others to the cruiseship terminal). White-glove service. Very good food. Nice views. Expensive.

www.hamacas.com.mx/coyuca/index.html

-----------------------------------------------------

On the other hand (not knowing "exactly" what you have in mind) ...

If you'd simply like a wonderful "Mexican" dinner at a small unpretentious well-regarded restaurant, I'd highly recommend La Tortuga (no website). Big menu; excellent food & service; local guitarist for entertainment; always an enjoyable/memorable evening - but no view at all. Note- This one doesn't even come close to what the others (above) offer. No comparison at all - just one of the best "local" places to eat.

-----------------------------------------------------

For the "upscale" restaurants, I'd suggest you make a reservation [most can be done via email] - even though it shouldn't be overly busy in mid-November.

¡Buen Provecho!

RonVal

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

you might want to add coyuca 22 to your list to choose from very close from where you will be docked.......beautiful view fantastic service and food.......its a touch of on pricy side but aftering just visting toronto and going out for dinner there to just a couple of normal restuarants it was just as pricy there and nothing to write home about if you understand the point iam trying to make.......hope this has been of some help.....zzaa

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

lol.....ron you beat me to this post by one minute......lol.......zzaa

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,982 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

Dave

All the good/great restaurants are covered..I have always been a big fan of Coyuca 22 its worth the dollars spent here & if it makes a difference to you its only a short drive from the ship where is the others on the scenic Hwy will be about a 30 minute drive give or take.

I love Su Casa as well but its not nearly as elegant as C22 if thats what you are after.

Phoenix, AZ
Level Contributor
61 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Short Stay in Acapulco

Thanks for your input on both forums. I guess I couldn't find the first forum so I posted another. I think Su Casa sounds good for me and I'm sure there are lots of others I would enjoy too. The Tortuga sounds great too but I think I want a little more ambience than that and it sounds like Su Casa will meet my needs for this short trip there. Once again, I really appreciate your commentary and your advice.

David

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco