We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

East Coast
Level Contributor
383 posts
Save Topic
Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

Just got back from another awesome trip to Acapulco. My fiance and I took a long weekend to finalize some wedding plans for our wedding in Acapulco in April.

We landed in Acapulco at about 11:20am on Thursday. Believe it or not, we were able to get through customs, pick up our luggage and we were in the suburban by 12:00. And I even got the NO PASE for the first time ever. I couldn't believe it.

Our airport transfers were arranged through a company called IVI. We cab it or walk everywhere so airport transfers with IVI have always worked for us. They've always been on time, professional and very friendly.

There was some road construction on the way from the airport and our driver took us for a ride through the new La Isla development. That place is incredible. Cancun's La Isla won't even compare. It's like a mini city. With all of those new condos the little strip of between the golf courses and Mayan is actually starting to remind me of Cancun or South Beach. Lots of new construction underway in Diamante. It's going to be a whole new destination for Acapulco.

We stayed in our usual spot, the Copacabana Hotel. We stay there for Spring Break every year. It's definitely not like Spring Break during the summer. It was actually the last week of summer vacation so the hotel had a decent amount of people in it I thought. The hotel staff was excellent as usual, they checked us in right away. Our room was great. We had a nice suite with an incredible view, comfortable bed and a shower that felt like a power washer. It was awesome. No complaints about the Copa. My favorite part is they are opening an Oxxo right next door. It is between Copa and El Cano on that little circle off the costera. It opens today. I'm excited.

My plan before I left was to have dinner at both O'Jardim and Tortuga and unfortunately I didn't get to either. I'm pretty bummed about it. I did walk past Tortuga a few times on my way up to a friend’s house near Villa Vera. It looked really nice, super clean and next trip I am not missing out. My goal was to hit up Tortuga my first day but not more than 30 minutes after getting into my room, the phone rings and our friend was in the lobby to pick us up to go out to lunch. Then from that point forward most of our time was spent visiting with friends and our meals ended up being planned out.

I will finish posting the rest of the trip including the clubs and restaurants tomorrow. I need to try to get some sleep. I'm still on Aca time.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,231 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

Hey glad you got everything done & plans always go awry theres always next time...Thats good news as far as the Oxxo store we would be lost without our across the street all the time.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,421 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

Acapulco for a week-end. I am envious! Good luck on your wedding plans and thanks for the cool report.

Bethlehem...
Level Contributor
730 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

Congratulations on your wedding. Couldn't think of a nicer place.

We also got the tour of the Diamante area & the new La Isla mall. You're right, it's looks Much bigger than the one in Cancun. Since I can't afford to shop in that one, I know I'll be safe at this new one.

Maybe you can fit another weekend in {{wink, wink}} for that meal at Tortuga.

Mentioned in this post
Cancun
Cancun
Quintana Roo, Mexico
Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

Hi yoletsgo,

Congratulations. Your weekend sounds great. I am envious. We are going back to Acapulco in December. You mentioned the La isla mall. When we were there in April this year nothing was opened yet. Could you see if the shops were opened now? There was an add for a Pier One Imports. Is it opened?

You may not have noticed but if you did it would be helpful. Thanks.

Mentioned in this post
Los Angeles
Los Angeles
California
Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

Nothing has opened at La Isla yet, except the restaurant SHU which is in front of the new Convention Center. Supposedly Cinepolis is coming in too. Will be a great day at the Mall when it's finally finished. Don't know when it plans to open. Anyone else have any info?

Mentioned in this post
Shu
Shu
175 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
6. Re: Trip Report - Long weekend in la la land Part 1

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 06 October 2009, 17:19