We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Earthquake question for locals

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Earthquake question for locals

This is the first night I slept in instead of going out. Around 4:45am, I woke up to the whole building shaking. It happened 2 more times in 30 minutes. The 3rd one was the worst and lasted a while.

It scared me enough to get out of bed and put clothes on. Wouldn't want to be found in my underwear. LOL.....This is the first time I actually felt the tremors. Called my buddy a room away and he didn't feel the first one, then after the second one, he called me and was like whooaaa!

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Earthquake question for locals

dont loose any sleep over this..........go back to bed........lol.........zzaa

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
2,751 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Earthquake question for locals

At least we know this wasn't the effects of a late night out!!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Earthquake question for locals

At least your on ground level at the VV NEED. I could not imagine that on the 17th floor at the Americana LOL.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Earthquake question for locals

the 6th floor felt pretty cool.......lol......zzaa

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Earthquake question for locals

Need it was at 4:50 and I immediately thought of you being in Baby O and not feeling a thing. There'es always a first, my building really shook, and I'm still shaking. I'll never get used to them. Wonder if Mom to Pets and Louisianarunner felt them?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Earthquake question for locals

It was a 4.7. That is a good shake especially if you are not used to it . . . if you ever get used to it.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Earthquake question for locals

Just had a new one #4. I'm moving to the beach, this is ridiculous.

8. Re: Earthquake question for locals

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

TripAdvisor staff removed this post at the original author's request.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 13 November 2008, 23:21
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
9. Re: Earthquake question for locals

1610........but it was made out of adobe clay back then........zzaa

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Earthquake question for locals

never made it really back to sleep. Trying to fall asleep is tiring in of itself. See that, got a full night sleep and now I'm exhausted. I'm going back to sleep deprivation down here. LOL

The shaking was scary. Probably would not be as scary if it was now, but when everything was dark and quiet, it was a wierd feeling because in the back of my mind I was thinking this could be the "big one",

It's a wierd feeling for those that have not experienced it. Everything just starts shaking for about 5 seconds and it increases gradually so it seems. I could not imagine what a "real" hard core earthquake must feel like.