We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Canuco formerly Tortuga

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Canuco formerly Tortuga

Finally got a chance to check out this new restaurant. The space has been re-done a bit and I think it's all for the better. There is one waiter from Bistroquet and a chef also. The food was great, and you all know I don't think there is really any great food in Acapulco. There were 3 of us. 2 of us shared the 10 shrimp with linguini and red sauce for 185 pesos, and a caesar salad, and my friend had the Mango Shrimp. The food was presented well and was delicious. I look forward to going back and trying their varied menu. It is Italian with something for everyone. Garlic bread was served before the meal. Unfortunately at this time no Expresso machine, which I think is a must for an Italian restaurant.

The atmosphere is terrific and I hope you all will give it a try. It's the replacement for Bistroquet but with Italian food. Need your going to give up Forza for this one.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Thanks for the review, today I am going to spend a day at a beach house close to YAmakal at Barra Vieja; Bamboo-something, already set up massages on the beach for my darling GF and me.

I was looking for a great new place for dinner, so let me get this straight, it's named Canuco and located behind Telmex? Or should we try La Tortuga

Need some feed back pretty soon, I leave in a hour.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Dude it's the former location of Tortuga, now named Canuco and under completely new management. It's up the street from Tel Mex. I suggest you give it a try it's a more romantic garden setting.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Thanks, all depends how tired we are on our return. Last night we went to Paradise

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Thanks for posting, Rolynn. Didn't even realize that another restaurant had opened in that spot. Sounds promising (and as we all know, there's not much in the way of 'Italian' in Acapulco). Might give Franco some good competition ... just around the corner.

How were the rest of the prices?

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Thats for the update Rolynn..That location was just a perfect spot for a good restaurant how long have they been open?

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Robyn, when you said nice atmosphere , could this possible be the old Via Deamos or then it went to Via

Feore (i no spelling is wrong on bothe) cause they were in that nook of the woods just up from the Tortoga.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

katalin - Canuco is where La Tortuga used to be (only 50 yards or so from the Costera).

Rolynn - thanks for the recommendation. I am going to send a scouting party before Christmas to check it out :)) Then I will be down in January and I might give it the once-over!

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

thanks ro for this update........the other night got a chance to go to the tortuga and when was turning the car around did get a chance to peep in didnt look too busy but well worth giving it a try.........gracais again.........zzaa

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

We liked it so much will probably return this week. I'll pay attention to the prices and will try to make some notes on the menu. For sure they are higher than Forza but I'll pay a bit more for atmosphere and better food.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Canuco formerly Tortuga

Thanks for the post Rolynn, went by there this morning and it looks pretty nice, we will give it a try.