We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Money Pass ATM's

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Topic
Money Pass ATM's

My bank is clueless although they did contact someone..

MoneyPass has a get online site for ATM locations for the US, but nothing for International.

Has anyone noticed if there are any MoneyPass ATM's in Acapulco? Hopefully close to the Crowne Plaza. I really hate travelers checks. My hubby has a norwegian (similar to the senior variety) moment when you bring up credit cards, just not the way he rolls. LOL

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Well, Jen I've never heard of MoneyPass, here or there. I'd talk to MoneyPass, not just your bank. If MoneyPass is who you talked to then by all means use any card but them. We use ATM's all the time. As far as I know they all take our cards. Visa, Discover, Master Card, Am Express etc.

We use them for getting spending money.

We also, bring Travelers checks. We have never had a problem anywhere ever. Although I'd give you one hint. I don't like to carry my Passport while moving around in Aca. So I usually bring an expired Mn ID card. You know the ones with the corner cut. They have never in all my years there even noticed. So if I lose it - it's no sweat...you still have your Passport.

Also, I've gotten a few tips lately from friends, that we should make copies of our Passports, and keep them separate. Just a precaution.

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,566 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Well, out of curosity, I searched MoneyPass. USA Only.......

First thing it says is within the Country...

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Jenny, unless MondyPass has an agreement with the banks in Mexico, you will be paying a fee. I have Bank of America and I use Serafin Santander who they have an agreement with but only pay 7.5 peso fee charged by Serafin for each withdrawal.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Money Pass ATM's

AcaJane...Not this debate again...LOL....I meant to tell you and forgot, but no ATM fees at all at Santander for me. I wonder if it's because I used my business checking? Not really sure, but there's no charge at all.

Jenny, you will have an ATM fee being that you are not banking with a large international bank.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Need, I'm sure it is because you use a business account. A lot more money going through your account than mine and free ATM withdrawals is one of your business perks. I don't mind the 7.5 pesos and as long as I keep my withdrawals to 4, there is no additional charge and I get a good rate.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Money Pass ATM's

I know Jane..It's still a good deal. I just forgot to mention it back in November. This trip I'm leaving the business account card at home for security reasons and will just have the personal and will report back. On a side note, not that it's crucial, but I know people that call their bank and complain and the bank refunds the fee.

ON BofA's website they claim Santander as free.....In London I used Barclays w/o charge. I think Chase banking is free at Banorte or maybe BananaMex :-)

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,413 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Citi Group is Banamex. If any charge it should be minimal

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,776 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Will this work, take my BOA card and us it in an ATM? Assuming I pay the card off before the due date where will be no finance charge.

Please settle this discussion for us, do you need picture ID to convert US dollars (cash) into pecos at one of the money exchange windows?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Jenny, Is it a BofA check/banking card or credit card? I think there are steep charges to use credit cards for cash, but I'm not certain.

You only need i.d. if your using a credit card at a restaurant (La Tortuga does not accept credit card) or if your using traveler checks.

If your just using cash, no i.d. is required. My suggestion is call BofA and inform them of your travels ahead of time and ask that same question.

Canada
Level Contributor
282 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Money Pass ATM's

Hello Jenny,

I am on my way home from a fabulous 4 week trip to Acapulco sitting in Mexico City airport waiting for my connectling flight. We used our debit card for cash withdrawals at any bank machine just like we would at home. We have a plan with our bank at home that allows us 5 out of country withdrawals per month without any charges. If you use any credit card there are finance charges from the date that you took out the cash.

I can't imagine why anyone would bring travellers checks as they are very inconvenient and you do not get as good of an exchange rate as the bank cash machines. It is your bank at home that charges the exchange rate not the machines in Mexico.

I would suggest you phone your bank at home before you leave to get all the particulars.

Have a great trip. Acapulco had perfect weather every day as always!