We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Topic
Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

Does anyone know if the Fiesta Americana Villas has Wi-Fi there yet?

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

I'd assume that the Americana now has it in all the rooms ... just based on the fact that their smaller lesser-known sister facility, the Fiesta Inn, has it. [That's where we typically stay.]

The Starbucks at the F-Americana definitely has WiFi, free of charge, just outside the front door of the hotel.

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
227 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

Thanks Ron, and while your there, a quick question, is the young manager Diana still at the Fiesta Inn?

Toronto
Level Contributor
74 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

Hi there JC, stayed 2 days last year at the Fiesta (needed a break from the Grand Mayan) and I was able to receive Wi-Fi in my hotel room, though the signal was not the best.

RonVal is correct the Starbucks near the entrance lobby has Wi-Fi.

Have a nice trip,

Jim

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

Yes, Diana Olmos Bibiano is till the fornt-office manager ... and does her very best to make guests ahppy there. I've interacted with her on a number of occasions.

As for Starbucks' WiFi ...

FYI (for anyone): When you go to connect to a network there, you'll see an unsecured network-option labeled 'starbucks', but that's not the the right one to use. The one you'll need to connect to is labeled 'prodigy' (if I'm remembering right) - a secure network; and it'll take you to a log-in webpage. Once there, key in the user-name 'starbucks' (without the quotation marks, of course) and the password 'starmovil91' (again, sans the quotation marks - and that's a lower-case letter 'L' before the 9, not the numeral one).

I figured they might change these codes periodically (?); but I really don't know. It was the same every time I went ... for 2+ weeks.

Note - The user-name and password are also printed on the bottom of the receipt they give you ... whenever you make a purchase. Just look for it.

Ron

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,251 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

Another comment -

What's nice about the Starbucks WiFi is that, indoors, it's set up so that there are plenty of electrical outlets 'to plug in' ... so as not to waste battery-power. For short visits, I'd just sit outside and enjoy the sounds of the Costera while surfing the www. I like that new location a lot; and needless to say, we spent our own share of pesos on coffees (and even an occasional dessert). They seem to be doing very well there.

Portland, Or
Level Contributor
63 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

I was there not to long ago. Free Wi-Fi. I had it in my room and took my laptop down to the pool sometimes.

7. Re: Wi-Fi at the Fiesta Americana Villas

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 18 October 2009, 21:17