We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Topic
Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

A Newscast just stated that the Swine Flu has been reported in Acapulco and the government has closed all public schools until May 6th.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

bummer :-( and how sad for all the workers there. I still plan to go... unless the airlines cancel flights into Acapulco.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

I'm thinkin two weeks and things should look better. When are you planning to go, LACallie?

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,201 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

A week from Thur. (5/7) ... I'm thinking things may turn out to be very quiet down there.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

snork...You really crack me up. Just curious where you get that theory from and if it's backed up with any facts?

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,846 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

Snork, I'm with you. I think it will be longer than a couple of weeks, though. But I think it will be over by June/July.

Callie, I'm w/ you on this one, too. I feel so sorry for the workers that won't be getting an income.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,126 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

Need, I am lawyer, not a doctor, but I haven't heard that this flu strain is "unique". There are anti-bodies already out there and I'm betting on Mexicans to beat this flu and come out even stronger. Incubation period about 7 days and infectious periods a few days either way... a couple of weeks and this strain could be well under control. There was a time before our households were disinfected by all the soap that's been sold, that immune systems were pretty tough. I'm counting on the locals in Mexico to be tougher than these viral invaders. Viva Acapulco!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

Snork, I really don't know where the heck your getting your information. The word "unique" has been stated over and over again by the experts in the field. A strain of flu that has not been seen before......wouldn't you say that's unique? Seems so far to have a excessively high death rate and I have no idea where you get the mumbo jumbo about anti bodies.

The CDC has already announced that Humans are not capable of fighting this one with out medications because it's an animal strain. I think you should start to read up on this flu before advising people that it will be gone in 2 weeks.

If that was the case, the experts would not be taking this so seriously. I'm not paniced, but I'm not gullable enough to brush this off as you have.

Northern California
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

CDC has reported that the incubation is 24-24 hours.

Northern California
Level Contributor
302 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

Oops. Meant to say 24-48 hours.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,452 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Swine Flu now reported in Acapulco

And I heard 48 hours for incubation on the news this morning.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco