We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Leaving tomorrow

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Leaving tomorrow

Hi Friends....I'm beginning the first leg of my trip tomorrow to Houston. I spoke with a front desk friend at the hotel in Acapulco and he told me it's beyond dead and the pool bar/restaurant is closed by 3pm now.

I also spoke with a friend that manages a well known club in Aca and he said, cancel, but being the stubborn fool I am, as of now I'm moving forward with my plans and my reasoning is beyond absurd, but I'll share. My ex gf text 2 times today to wish me a happy birthday and now I need as much distraction as possible even if it means leaving the country under these conditions.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,012 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Leaving tomorrow

I hope all goes with in ACA when you arrive I am sure Gustavo will have be open for you...And have a great B'day....

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
642 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Leaving tomorrow

I second your plans!! If we had tickets, wouldn't cancel them either. We make our own fun in Aca and it seems like you do as well!!! Wish I was on my way! It's been the worst spring (????) of all time in Minnesota!! Have a great time and looking forward to a full report!!!

Winona, Minnesota
Level Contributor
642 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Leaving tomorrow

P.S. Happy Birthday!!!!

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Leaving tomorrow

The government has just announced an extended holiday weekend Friday-Tuesday so I suspect Acapulco will be busier than you might think.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Leaving tomorrow

Steve...Thx...That's a double edged sword. Crowds=lots of fun and good looking women, but it also means lots of good looking women with the Flu.

Merced, California
Level Contributor
1,010 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Leaving tomorrow

Happy Birthday Need. I just got off the phone with my Acapulco friends who just repeated what everyone else is saying. Everything is closing in Acapulco. And what was once planned will certainly be cancelled. But that shouldn't discourage your trip. They can't cancel the weather or the views and sunsets. And without going to the clubs at night you'll no doubt appreciate Acapulco from a different perspective.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Leaving tomorrow

Here's my bottom line. I'm not cancelling Houston, therefor, if I go straight home from Houston with out visiting Acapulco, I'm not saving a dime. I might as well see Aca from a different perspective, but I have a feeling I'll be going home early.

With such good friends down there, maybe it will be nice to slow down and relax. Thx for the well wishes.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,204 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Leaving tomorrow

Happy Birthday n4s. Hope Walmart doesn't close down there.. otherwise it should be great with the surreal peace, quiet, and lovely views ... see y'all down there at some point within the next couple of weeks. Just got an email from the AL that they changed my flight out of Houston from a 1 and 1/2 hour to a 3 and 1/2 hour layover there :'( oh well.... Chit happens.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Leaving tomorrow

Happy Birthday, Need, and good luck with your trip. You too, LACallie. I bet there is a great deal on fishing charters right now, and if the Gods have a sense of humour, the big ones are probably biting like crazy.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
411 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Leaving tomorrow

Happy Birthday Need,

Other than bars, slot machines, a few restaurants, movie theaters and a lot opf people wearing face masks.

I feel Acapulco has the same amount of activity in all other areas, went to the park, people were jogging, others enjoying the green areas, the supermarkets are back to their regular crowds. Went to Woolworths and Sanborns looking for a gift and it was pretty normal IMHO.

Today we're gonna go sit on the beach in the afternoon with my GF.

If you can go with out clubs and bars, you will find this experience unique.