We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

10 Million to clean up Acapulco Bay

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
10 Million to clean up Acapulco Bay

Hope this really comes to pass, this was discussed in 2008 but now is the time.

http://www.bnamericas.com/news/waterandwaste/Authorities_study_US*10mn_project_to_cleanup_Acapulco_bay

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,229 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: 10 Million to clean up Acapulco Bay

I was just going to ask I know you had this info a year or so ago and hope they did something then & continue to do it now. Another boat skimming the bay in the morning hours is a help. I still say the bay is so much cleaner then 20 years ago.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: 10 Million to clean up Acapulco Bay

Reading that article sure makes me want to go for a swim in the bay :-)

I hope this helps, but most people don't realize the bay is polluted and most future tourists are not deciding against Acapulco because they heard the bay is dirty IMHO.

Either way it's definitely a positive and I hope it happens, but 10MM is big buckeroonies. I just hope they realize a ROI.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Ontario
Level Contributor
4,431 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: 10 Million to clean up Acapulco Bay

$10 Million is big money and sort of quantifies the problem. It doesn't take long to do $10 million worth of damage that nature cannot undue by herself. As Need says, I hope they spend the money wisely and get a good return on investment. Then again, $10 million should go a long way when you can hire a workforce, in Mexico, for much less than in other countries. It's not as easy cleaning up the bay as using the skimmer in the pool. Finding the source of the problems and limiting their access to the bay would give nature a fighting chance.

Mentioned in this post
Mexico
Mexico
North America
4. Re: 10 Million to clean up Acapulco Bay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 25 January 2010, 06:18