We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

el cano or emporio

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Montreal,Qc.Canada
Level Contributor
82 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
el cano or emporio

Which one has the best food, best location or should i booked not AI .Need an opinion regarding all inclusive in ACA. When 3 times, but never AI . TKS

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
215 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: el cano or emporio

Ritz, IMO, DO NOT GO ALL INCLUSIVE. Too many great, and differnt places to eat. If you look through all the past threads on this forum, you will see recommended places to eat.

As for Hotels, I've stayed at the Emporio, was not impressed. Never stayed at El Cano, but I would prefer their location.

Just a suggestion, consider the Fiesta Americana Villas. It is right in the middle of everything, and IMO a great place to stay. I've been staying there for the last 12 years and am more than satisfied.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: el cano or emporio

my vote would be for the El Cano...

or not go with an All Inclusive unless you drink allot and drinks are included or are not really special with good food items!!

There are too many good restaurants to enjoy instead of the same-o same-o every day!! But everyone has a reason/choice to choose them???

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: el cano or emporio

I, personally would never book AI. Enjoying as many of the great restaurants in ACA as possible is one of the best parts of the ACA experience. As far as which has the best location, I will leave that to the ACA experts. When I'm in ACA I pretty much just use my room to sleep. All my waking hours are spent out and about.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,139 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: el cano or emporio

If I'm understanding you correctly ... that you've vacationed in Acapulco three times already ... then I'd assume you know that (a) there are LOTS of eateries & restaurants all along the city's main boulevard, and (b) that Acapulco isn't known for its 'AI' hotel offerings (vis a vis Cancun, Playa del Carmen, et cetera).

Opting for an 'AI' plan is really a matter of personal preference; but personally, I wouldn't select a hotel based on whether or not its 'AI' food is good. I'd recommend that you choose a hotel which best suits your overall needs & wants ... and if they have an 'AI' option which you can tack on inexpensively, go for it. In any event, I've never heard anyone sing praises about the 'AI' food at either of the two facilities you mentioned. Expect 'standard fare'.

Location wise ... both hotels are great: the Emporio at about mid-bay (across from the Galerias Diana shopping mall) is very conveniently situated - and the Elcano (just a little bit further east, also beachfront) is just as accessible. Either would be a fine choice.

Better pools at the Emporio - and I'd say 'more of mixed crowd' with plenty of younger guests and families.

The Elcano - still a nice pool area (but not comparable to the Emporio's) - and, from what I've seen in the past, a heavier concentration of upscale Mexican vacationers & an 'older crowd' (generally speaking).

Much would depend, I think, on your own travel dates.

Bonne chance. Chacun a son gout.

RonVal

MIAMI
Level Contributor
770 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: el cano or emporio

I am a regular at the El Cano for the past decade plus; having stayed at various other hotels. Love the El Cano for location (a block off the Costera means alot noise-wise) and that it is not too large.

The pool is small but lovely, there is a very small gym/salon.

Weekends are filled with Mexico City residents. Prior to the expansion of Acapulco, this was the place for the upscale. As I understand it, the hotel offers AI through Canadien Packages. People who stay for weeks seem to like the ease; but the menus don't vary much....morning/nightly buffets ( the all-you can drink seems to be a hit).

I am not a lover of buffets or structure; and I enjoy the option of dining around town.

I did like the Fiesta when I stayed there last and have a friend who still enjoys it.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,994 posts
224 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: el cano or emporio

Ritz

AI is generally avoided for all the reasons listed already and as far as hotel choices go bothje of the properties your looking at I happen to like alot.

I think already having stayed at the Emporio twice I would highly consider the El Cano if I would ever stray from the Fiesta Americana its a really nice looking hotel I have popped into there a number of times in the past and its in a section of town I also like alot. Both really good choices IMO.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: el cano or emporio

I have not seen the rooms at El Cano, but I have stayed at the Emporio and I think the Emporio would be my choice unless I'm missing something here.

Emporio IMO better location, but both are good locations. Emporio has nicer pool area and beach area IMO. I'd assume the rooms are not that much different.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
451 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: el cano or emporio

Have stayed at both places last 2 years,AI food comparable(more choices at Emporio),pool area better at Emporio,very nice rooms at both places,more quiet at El Cano. Should I have to choose between both hotels I would flip a coin et voila.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: el cano or emporio

As a Canadian, I just assumed AI was always the deal to get. We are sold on it. Caribbean vacations are always AI. Get off the plane, shuttle to a hotel and sit in the dining room. All that changed when I went to Acapulco. I took an AI package and was really disappointed, especially when I walked down the street and the aromas wafted from restaurant after restaurant. That was years ago. Now I find Acapulco a culinary adventure and every trip is different. Canadians have not starved in Acapulco. They lie to us!

10. Re: el cano or emporio

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 24 March 2010, 05:19