We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Elcano Diamante Beach club

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Elcano Diamante Beach club

Does anyone know how much it costs for a day pass here? I can't find a website for the Elcano, so don't know their email to ask them. I think we'd like to spend a day there, have lunch at their restaurant (which looks yummy), and then head out to either Alejo's or Esmirna del Mar for dinner.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

Fletch, I called the Elcano for you this morning and the cost of a day pass is $300 pesos per person for the day.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

I´m sorry, I forgot to put that the price includes your drinks.

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

Thanks Livein, now I can't decide between the Elcano's beach club and PDLC for a relaxing day. While the boyfriend will be there for a full week, I'll only be there 4 full days so I'm not sure I want to do both.

Jean

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

To my knowledge, there's no 'day pass' cost (as you say) - but we were informed on arrival that you're (more-or-less) expected to spend a minimum of MXN$250 per person, food & beverages, for the enjoyment of their facilities. IMO, a place well worth spending a day - we enjoyed this beach club.

Some Elcano Diamante photos from our visit:

travel.webshots.com/album/569845361dtSyXH?start=36\

RonVal

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

Photo-link repost:

travel.webshots.com/album/569845361dtSyXH…

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

That is a tough call as the pictures of El Cano look great. I hope to get there myself in February. I still lean towards my trips out to Pie de la cuesta Lunch on the Lagoon at Tres Marias is as nice as can be and a quick walk across the street to Vayma you have your Pool, Beach , Sunset & dinner. I would say with only 4 days 1 side trip is probably enough.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

I agree with Ron - when I went there it was just a case of a minimum "consumo" so you had to eat and drink something like 200 pesos per person and then there was no additional charge. The food wasn't actually that great but the desserts were good :)

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

You now have to consume $300 pesos!!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

Thanks Livin....That is really not too bad a price. Most of my days in BV or PDLC have been around 100-110 bucks for the 4 of us so that puts it in the ballpark cost wise as the others.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Elcano Diamante Beach club

I wouldn't doubt Dan's latest info for a minute ... but I tend to think that the 'minimum consumo' might be a flexible amount. Of course if someone went there to spend the day ... drank only a few sodas & never ordered any food ... they'd likely hold 'em to a minimum; but for those who aren't looking to 'take advantage', it's probably a non-issue to begin with.

In any case ... 'beverages' aren't cheap at the Elcano Diamante: $30 for a soda, $44 for a domestic cerveza (Pacifico), $61 for a Pina Colada 'sin', and $84 for tequila Gran Centenario. Easy enough to meet the minimum consumo for most, I would think.

Enjoy your day ... wherever you end up.

RonVal

FYI -

We end up spending - for the two of us - about US$75 (+/-) whenever we spend a day out at Pie de la Cuesta's 'Vayma'; so, as Truck2Chief says, both places are in the same general ballpark ... cost-wise.