We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

trustwothy driver/guide

houston, tx
Level Contributor
1 post
12 reviews
Save Topic
trustwothy driver/guide

I found this driver on the forum here and I think he's worth his own post.

If you're looking for an incredible driver/guide while in Acapulco you can do no better than Cesar Olea Santos.

c_olea_santos@yahoo.com

Initially, we hired him to drive us to and from the airport. After talking to him during the drive, he became our guide and companion for every single day/night we were there. He made all of our dinner reservations and even surprised us with a trip to a show/party outside of town that we would have never found without him (which, by the way, turned out to be the highlight of our vacation). He likes to say, "Nothing is impossible" and he proved it every day.

He speaks English very well and helped us as a translator in some unusual situations: Our friends ATM card was 'eaten' by a machine...he picked her up the next morning and drove her to the bank, explaining to the employees what had happened and retrieved her card.

I think the best way I can sum this up is to say, we started with a driver and ended up with a friend who I can't wait to see again.

A wonderful man.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,783 posts
104 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

Happy to hear Cesar took good care of you. Would love to hear more details about your trip especially the "show" you saw.

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,709 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

It is nice being able to count on someone reliable and friendly.

Our last trip we hired Sebastian, but he had to cancell (too busy, I guess) and sent us Angel Flores, instead, what a fun guy.

We knew with Sebastians recommendation, he would be as good or better! LOL

We expect to contact him again in February, to be our driver.

He picked us up at the Airport, with a Oxxo cooler full of beer and ice. He even let us use it if we needed it for our entire stay. (We gave it back on the way to the Airport, when we left Aca)

Stopped at Walmart for us to get water and supplies, for our room, and even suggested some fun events as well as tips for a safe stay in Acapulco.

Looking forward to seeing him again. Like you mckayvo, we indeed found a new friend!

If anyone is interested, feel free to contact me for further information.

Mentioned in this post
Acapulco
Acapulco
Guerrero, Mexico
Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,656 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

Have Used this fine gentleman in the past and have him lined up for My February Trip

Cesar Olea Santos.

c_olea_santos@yahoo.com

Browerville...
Level Contributor
540 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

Octavio is my guy.

ocvibet@hotmail.com

cell 044-744-439-1712

Speaks excellent English and French, resides in Pie De La Questa and has been a cab driver for over 15 years.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

I use Hector...He lives in Costa Azul and is always just a quick phone call away.

Mentioned in this post
Hotel Costa Azul
Hotel Costa Azul
37 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Forest Lake, MN
Level Contributor
1,069 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

We used Angel Flores in Nov and loved the Lincoln Continental, leather seats, cold air and of course he brought cold beer in a cooler when he picked us up. Speeks very good english too.

angel_enacapulco@yahoo.com

angelinacapulco@gmail.com

011-52-1-744-138-0593 (from the usa)

Mankato, Minnesota
Level Contributor
1,777 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

One of the best (practical) things I've gotten from TA is the information regarding a private driver. It allowed my and my group to grow from being part of the charter vacation herd to independent travelers hiring someone to take us where we want to go. Now that we've tasted the freedom of custom excursions instead of canned, we marvel that it took us so long!

We want to thank you all again for guiding us through this transition. Merry Chirstmas from your friends in Southern Minnesota and we wish you an amazing New Year!

By the way we used Cesar Olea Santos and he was amazing, some things came up and we didn't make the show Mckayvo refered to so. We'd love to hear more about it, as it is one of the things we look forward to for our next visit.

8. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 03 January 2010, 14:05
Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
496 posts
35 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

Frankfromusa9

FYI there is no cover charge to Lalomita as far as I know. It is FREE,FREE,FREE.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: trustwothy driver/guide

FrankfromUSA, Not sure what your raving about. First off, La Lomita is free...Secondly it's a dump with nasty food. Fun place, but a dive.