We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Off to a decent start

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Off to a decent start

I hussled through Houston's airport to make a 25 minute connection, got on the 9am express jet with 15 passengers and arrived ontime in Acapulco. The plane approached from North Western area so we slowly flew around the entire bay, I think I saw ZZAA's building LOL, and then around Puerto Marques. It was a beautiful ride and I can imagine how a first timer would feel seeing that. I got some great pics from up there and also a great picture of the volcano about 30 minutes by plane from here.

Arrived at the Villa Vera and check in was a breeze...Sign here, sign there, sign everywhere. Unpacked and realized I forgot half of my dress shirts...ugggh. Went to the pool and chilled out a bit, having some Ceviche colima...which is a ball of lime marinated tuna, choppped carrot and celery completely wrapped in avocado. Also had a fruit plate.

I noticed the new signs on the street which are really a nice face lift. Went for a walk/run and surprisingly ran into an old female friend. Said my hellos, she was surprised to see me. Not sure what's surprising about that...I'm always here. Went to Walfart for tequila, water, deoderant (forgot mine), Don Poncho which the cabbie dropped on the street :-( and a bottle of vino.

Later on, I went to CAbrito with my vacation buddy and met up with Rolyn. She had the fish and my buddy and I had our grilled chicken with mole on the side. It was good as always.

Went down to the strip and Paradise had people in it, but was in no mood for the loud, LOUD music and guy on the megaphone so we walked over to La Tortuga because I couldn't resist a little sweet coconut icecream before calling it a night. I know...boring so far, but it will get more interesting especially after going to a hole in the wall bar tonight.

Oh and everyone says I look pale and ill. Thank you...my Mexican friends!!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Off to a decent start

That landing must have been a nice change I don't think I have ever approached from the way your describing but it had to be great..Lookinfg forward to a few pictures.

A day in the sun at the VV will take care of that pale look LOL...

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,579 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Off to a decent start

Way to go Andrew I knew you would get in the groove.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,164 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Off to a decent start

Go get 'em, Need. My tan is already starting to fall off :)

Long Island, New...
Level Contributor
218 posts
24 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Off to a decent start

I always hated that 30 minute window to clear immigration and catch our connecting flight. We almost missed our flight once. Luckily this year the airline we use changed the connection time to an hour and a half. Plenty of time and no rushing.

Need, Sounds like it didn't take you long to settle in and feel at home again.

Save us some sun and enjoy.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Off to a decent start

"Walfart" that's Andrew allright, lol. Alot of tourists in Acapulco right now and waht about the temperature ????

Robertito, Montréal, Québec, CANADA

Coon Rapids...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,580 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Off to a decent start

Have fun Andreas! I have also had that kind of a landing - it just made we want them land that much faster. I could see it but I couldn't touch it. A teaser!!

I still have your contact info - will see if your still there when we get there!

danbury, ct
Level Contributor
866 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Off to a decent start

Glad to hear it Andrew....your getting in the groove...your easin into it.....you have loads of time......Have Fun....

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Off to a decent start

JOY : Andreas ??? What a DISTICTIVE name,lol.

Robertito, MOntréal, QUÉBEC, Canada

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,857 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Off to a decent start

We did that angle of entry on NYE, too. I flew Conti for the first time in a long time at a holiday, and thought that was normal for all of us on our way to celebrating the new year! It is a spectacular view!

Andrew, glad to hear it started off good!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
946 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Off to a decent start

Good to hear that things are going great for you now that you are there and settled, enjoy! We will catch up with you next week.