We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

Just thought I'd include this notice from the Acapulco Tourism Dept...............

Acapulco Destination Marketing Office announces that local authorities in Acapulco are working in conjunction with State and Federal Government to increase the city’s resources in order to ensure that all tourist areas within Acapulco remain safe, well lit and clean to guarantee the comfort and well being of all visitors to Acapulco. Despite reports to the contrary appearing in the press, the criminal acts of violence which occurred recently did not target the tourism community and took place in the outskirts of Acapulco, miles away from the main hotel zone.

Additionally, it is important to note that the hotels in Acapulco are currently experiencing hotel occupancy levels of approximately 93% during the 2010 spring break travel period, with many national and international visitors including MTV Networks enjoying their stay within the destination without incident. The network, which is filming the popular MTV 2010 Spring Break event in Acapulco from March 14-18th will continue as scheduled.

For years, Acapulco has remained a popular vacation destination for Canadian and US travelers, who travel to experience the golden beaches, timeless glamour and legendary nightlife that are synonymous with Mexico’s premiere beach resort. This year, a “new” Acapulco has been unveiled, offering an impressive array of new, luxury hotels and resorts, restaurants and attractions. These projects, coupled with the existing collection of world-class options will further solidify Acapulco’s position as one of Mexico most sought after vacation destinations.

For more information about tourism in Acapulco, please visit www.visiteacapulco.com.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

Sad that they need to pander like this. I do believe they are trying though I'm not sure they have any control over it. I'm still going....G-D willing.

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

93% hotel occupancy!!!??!

Glad I went before Spring Break!

But good for Acapulco.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

I can personally vouch for that: we tried for a room at L.B.,

Princess, P.Marques, Quinta Real and they are all full !!!

100%

(a Special ocassion and cannot leave town) and doubt we want to $ at Encanto or Banyan.

Acapulco hotels are doing well, good packages I guess?

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,763 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

Acasun...THIS is the kind of information that is so important to see on this forum. Thank you for posting it...I wish that something like this could/would come from the Ixtapa/Zihuatanejo Tourism Department. Think it would help a lot.

Again...thanks! Great info!!

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,847 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

Thank you for the positive info, Acasun. Glad to see something other than the gloom and doom that's been posting right and left here lately.

Viva Acapulco!

Burlington, Ontario
Level Contributor
943 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

Thanks Acasun good to hear something positive media has been running rampant, but what else is new! We worry about all our Acapulco friends. Good to hear hotels are full and Acapulco is stepping up!

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,568 posts
85 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

The News has not been good , If anyone thinks I have been Negative lately , Consider that I am now looking into an October trip for me and the bride hopefully another couple.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

The high occupancy last weekend was of course because it was a holiday weekend (Monday was Benito Juarez's birthday) and the place was packed.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

I don't see this post as something positive at all. Not to be doom and gloom, but this note from the marketing office is just that....Marketing!!!! and clearly fear that tourism will suffer which I hope it does not and I think this will blow over. Aleady I didn't see any coverage of it last night.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Note from Acapulco Marketing/Tourism

The pre-Easter crowds are starting to appear from the interior of Mexico and filling up the hotels.

This past winter was the slowest I have ever experienced in Acapulco and I have been a regular since 1978.

I would love to see Acapulco marketed again in the States and Canada when it matters, which is starting in August through December.