We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Very reasonable hotel deals for May

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Topic
Very reasonable hotel deals for May

I just did some hotel price searching. There are some sick deals out there, like the Grand Hotel (Hyatt) 44/night plus tax coming to 54.....Pier Marques in the 90's.....Nothing was higher than around 120 until you get to Banyan Tree at 520/night

I reckon one would have the entire hotel to themselves. Who ever brainstormed building that hotel in Acapulco must have a very long term outlook because I highly doubt they will ever reach 50% occupancy for the next 5yrs.....IMO of course.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

The economics are different in Mexico - a hotel may only need to be 25% full on average to break even whilst one in Manhattan may need to be 75% full to do the same. Fixed costs (staff, property taxes, etc.) are so much lower. That's why Acapulco has so many hotels and restaurants that are nearly empty - they would be losing bucketloads if they were in the U.S. but can just about survive in Acapulco.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,962 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

Great prices Andrew and I am interested to see how BT does down the road especially peak weeks.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

There's very few people that would shell out 500+ for a hotel in Acapulco IMO. South Beach, Mex City probably. Time will tell, but I suspect we will see hotel deals there soon.....Might be good for a honey moon though.

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

"Might be good for a honeymoon though." Is there something you want to share? LOL

Lewiston, California
Level Contributor
9,609 posts
73 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

The Quinta Real Chain has fabulous suites at low prices for what you get. In 1999 we had a lovely suite (750 Sq feet) for 220 in Guadalajara. We return on occasion. Last time due to the weaker peso it was only $175 for the same suite with spa, dining area, living room & bedroom plus balcony

PS including a full in room breakfast for 2. Of course they are higher in Beach destinations.

Edited: 26 April 2010, 18:43
Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

Andrew,

When I search at the Hyatt's website for Acapulco, it says they don't have any hotels in Acapulco, which I know isn't true. Where did you find this rate?

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,502 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

The Hyatt is no longer the Hyatt - it is now called the Gran Hotel.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

Yes, Grand Hotel it is and I searched www.sidestep.com Sidestep and Kayak both seem the same and they search multiple search engines from one search.

For week of May 20th

Grand Hotel 63 dollars

El Cano 70 dollars......If I was you, I'd cough up the extra couple bucks for convenience especially since 70 including tax is a very good rate

9. Re: Very reasonable hotel deals for May

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 02 November 2010, 04:15