We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

Rockford, Illinois
Level Contributor
513 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

Hey everyone,

We are considering a spur of the moment trip back to ACA this month, and will be using frequent flier miles, which unfortunately can only get us to Mexico City. I've tried a couple of times on the Estrella de Oro website to get the schedule, but keep getting an error message when the result page loads.

My questions are threefold:

1. Which bus station in Mexico City should I be searching for? The choices on the website are Mexico City Sur, Mexico TAPO C. Oriente, and Aeropuerto Ciudad Mexico. The obvious answer would seem to be the last one, but from reading previous posts, I didn't think there was a bus station at the airport.

2. One of the options for the flight down would get us into MEX at 10:05 p.m. How late to the buses to ACA run?

3. One of the options for the flight back leaves MEX at 7:30 a.m. What would be the latest bus from ACA the night before? Are these flight times doable without getting a hotel in MEX? I don't mind killing time at the Mexico City airport.

Thanks in advance.

Jean

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

1) There are only 2 listed departures from the airport (9 am and 3,30 pm). I have no idea where they depart from as I have never seen them or a ticket counter where all the other buses depart from. Most buses for Acapulco leave from the Sur terminal (although a few leave from TAPO). You get a taxi ticket from a booth (fixed price) and then take it to the head of the taxi line. It should only be 15-20 minutes to Sur.

2) There are departures on Estrella de Oro at 11.30 pm, 00.15 am, 00.30 am and 2 am. Costa Line probably have late departures too but their website isn't working.

3) I can't answer this one because the websites aren't working but I am sure you can find a bus that will get you to Sur by around 5 am.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,071 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

Fletch

I am only familiar with the Mex city sur depot which was a solid 15 minute cab ride from the airport when I took it from ACA-Mex in February due to a flight snafu I had to deal with. I found the trip enjoyable and a good option. I do know leaving from ACA they were running hourly to MEX.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

I agree with Steve and Truck. I did it in January for the very same reasons. Air miles to MEX and then a five hour bus ride to Acapulco for about the same price as a Taxi into town from ACA. Take a taxi (authorizado) from the airport for the bus station. The buses (I used Estella Blanca) ran every hour to Acapulco. On the way back I took a morning bus and stayed at a hotel near the airport (MEX) to catch my flight the next day. Try to schedule the 5 hour trip during mostly daylight. The views are just wild!

Dallas, TX
Level Contributor
873 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

Here are some pics of the luxury ("Diamante") service I enjoyed on occassions between Acapulco and Mexico City Taxquena.

…webshots.com/photo/2521898860102538943GFEWow

And here is a review I wrote about how much I enjoy luxury bus travel in Mexico:

http://tinyurl.com/297yofm

Between Mexico City and Acapulco I've only taken the bus from the Tasquena (Sur) station, never from the airport itself.

5. Re: Bus Schedule between Mexico City airport and ACA

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 07 November 2010, 03:16