We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Pick your favorite...

Calgary, AB Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Topic
Pick your favorite...

A question for ACA veterans...

If you had only one day in Acapulco, what restaurant would you go to? We will only be in town for a week, and the restaurant list is a little overwhelming!

Whether it be cheap and fun or expensive and elegant, lobster or taco's, I'd love to hear from you.

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,870 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Pick your favorite...

If it's at night, my pick would be O'Jardim. It's set up in the courtyard of a villa, with a lighted swimming pool. Lots of good food ($18 USD?) for 12 different cuts of meet served individually at your table, appetizers, soup, salad, side dishes, and dessert.

Not a view of the bay, but still very nice.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Pick your favorite...

su casa in the night and paradise for red snapper in the day....zzaa

Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,542 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Pick your favorite...

Terra Luna - still my favourite for quality, price and service.

Mentioned in this post
Terra Luna
Terra Luna
86 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,366 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Pick your favorite...

Easy question - but very difficult to answer.

(We're all so different in our tastes.)

While O'Jardim is way up on top of our list (and it would kill us to pass that one up), we'd more-than-likely go with Su Casa. Ambience, great view, charming decor, friendly/professional/team-oriented staff (also at O'Jardim!), but ... Su Casa has the BEST frozen margaritas in the City (bar none!).

[O'Jardim has "excellent" food - and the best creme brulee (flan) in the world!]

RonVal30

P.S. Mitchie - Don't let the Restaurant List overwhelm you! Read through it a little at a time - and jot down the names of those that interest you. A week is a good amount of time to taste a little bit of everything - from cheap flavorful home-cooked Mexican food ... to something more expensive & elegant ... and everything in between!

Mentioned in this post
Su Casa
Su Casa
318 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
5. Re: Pick your favorite...

come on everyone just pick one imagne you only have a few hours in acapulco which one would you go to......zzaa

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Pick your favorite...

It would with out a doubt have to be Su Casa

Su Casa, you get great food, great view, great service, open air with the view, true ambiance and nothing like it on the east coast.

O'Jardim..great place...no doubt about it, but there are plenty of those eat all the meat until you drop Rodicio places in the USA (not nearly as good) but they do have them.

Just walking up those stairs at Su Casa, seeing those flowers, their little pool, the stupid bell they ring when you arrive can't be beat...Just my 2c's

Mentioned in this post
Su Casa
Su Casa
318 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Calgary, AB Canada
Level Contributor
123 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Pick your favorite...

Sounds like Su Casa is a "must try" so far!

Mentioned in this post
Su Casa
Su Casa
318 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,233 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Pick your favorite...

While trying to check on O'Jardim information I stumbled on this old thread from 2005...I was wondering if all the original posters would choose the same restaurants or perhaps throw us a curveball LOL...

And of course anyone who wants to throw there 2 cents or Centavos in go for it!!

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Pick your favorite...

If it's a hot night and you want the air conditioning, Baikal is it. Views, great food, good service, elegant, very pricey but I think worth it.

Mentioned in this post
Baikal
Baikal
27 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Pick your favorite...

I think you need one that you won't forget so one with a great view of the bay - therefore it's Baikal for me too. (I've made my opinion on Su Casa known here before - I wouldn't even take my mother-in-law there.)

Mentioned in this post
Baikal
Baikal
27 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico
Su Casa
Su Casa
318 Reviews
Acapulco, Mexico