We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Building Query

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
138 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Building Query

Last winter I watched as they tore down the old hotel across from the beach by the highway that goes to the main market and then to Pie De La Questa.

Have they started building and what will it be?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,453 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Building Query

That space is going to be a Wal-Mart. As to whether they have started building, I will leave that to the locals. In February nothing was going on there.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,971 posts
221 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Building Query

That looks like the game plan for that area...He is a thread by Snork back in January and some discussion that followed.

Livin see anything yet?

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g150787-i177-k2467…

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Building Query

I departed in mid-March and they still had not started building. The rumors were Wal Mart, Costco or another large super store.

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Building Query

Construction is well under way, however, I can´t seem to get a straight answer as to what the building is going to be. I have heard that it´s a Wal-Mart and now the latest word is that it´s going to be an office building for the government. Whatever it is, it´s BIG:

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Building Query

What had been their previously came down quickly. That makes me believe it must be private money involved because no governmental agency, in the world, moves quickly!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Building Query

In February my female friend told me gov. offices, but I also heard another WalMart so I don't know what to believe. There is obviously real money behind this project since all the heavy equipment is out there and they seem to be moving quickly. I actually find that when the Mex gov builds something, they move very fast like that overpass thing off of Scenic Highway and the road work being done out by PDLC.

It's funny, for a country with such crazy lawlessness, they sure have a lot of lawyers and federal buildings.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Building Query

Gov. Oficial Office Building:

- (which I personally would never say) - is a bad idea to have all the eggs in one basket!

And Liv u are right.......... BIG!!!!!!!!!!!!

*Can't wait to see the advancement when I get back!

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Building Query

I asked my friend to elaborate on the construction and she told me to mind my own business :-) She said it's a local government building complex. Not sure if she meant local as in Acapulco or as in state.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Building Query

Pretty sure "LOCAL" as our state levels in Chilpancingo

Edited: 06 September 2010, 20:52
10. Re: Building Query

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 07 September 2010, 02:05