We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Fishing in Acapulco

Columbia, South...
5 posts
Save Topic
Fishing in Acapulco

Looking for a good Fishing/scuba trip in Acapulco; Recomendations?

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,059 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

Fishing has been discussed a bunch of times and many others can give you their favorites also type fishing into the search box above if you care to read some of the others who have asked over the years...

I have not personally scuba dived in years but here is a listing of the companies that provide the services. Many of the listed are reputable and have been used many times.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150787-c110870/Acapu…

Edited: 14 November 2010, 14:43
Level Contributor
36 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

I used www.swissdivers.com a few years back. Small, well stocked with gear in good shape. Very nice, very accommodating, did a night dive and had a blast. Would highly recommend.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

For a fishing charter, stroll the docks across from the Zocalo a day before to book a boat. About $300 to $400 for the day for up to eight people. Be prepared to leave at 6:00 am and come back around 2:00 pm. Take sandwiches and drinks and your camera. Sailfish, Dolphinfish (Dorada), small Tuna (Bonita). Np guarantees, but I've never been stumped. Bon voyage!

Edited: 14 November 2010, 23:19
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,569 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

In 2009 we used Blue Water Sport Fishing. Jesus "Chuy" Osorio is the owner. Here is his website

http://www.acavio.com/aventura.html

$4,200 pesos for eight hours, clean boat and Chuy speaks English. You can try calling him or wait until you arrive in ACA. He is situated across from the Zocalo with all the rest of the fishing boats.

Edited: 15 November 2010, 00:24
NJ
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

I just returned from ACA and I did go fishing. I attempted many times to get in touch with Blue Water Sport Fishing as they appeared to be one of the more professional and well equiped outfits. After numerous calls unanswered I was left to go out on another boat which I did not like too much the last time I used them as the boat has seen better days and the gear is a little rough. However, for $200 we left at 7am and returned at 3pm and had the boat to ourselves (me and my father-in-law). In ACA you rent the boat for a set price, not per person.

Anyway, within 10 minutes of leaving the docks we nailed a few bonito and by 9 am we were roughly 12 miles offshore and we had a monster on. After 2 hours of fighting we hauled a 12ft, 450lb black marlin. It was a rare catch for this time of year as well. That was surely the highlight of the trip but we did hook a number of mahi mahi (dorado, dolphin fish, etc). The boat which is loud, smells of diesel fuel, has no electronics other than a VHF and it and the gear is worn out, has a very good first mate, he knows what he's doing and between him and the captain they know how to catch fish. If you dare to, try "TONY" BOAT

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,595 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

That "Tony Boat" sounds like the Queen Mary compared to what I fish on>

NJ
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

LOL.. That's exactly what my father-in-law called it. The Queen Mary. It even sounded like it.. However, it spent 8 solid hours chugging along with no issues. I'd not recommend it, as I'm a boat owner and fish at sea often, but they did catch fish and that's what I paid for.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,059 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

Lol yes Hank I totally agree. Canoes are more fun!!

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,209 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

Congrats and welcome to the Acapulco fishing experience. Too cool. Lots of pics and I hope you got your catch to a restaurant?

Oceanside...
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
10. Re: Fishing in Acapulco

The Tony Boat is great. We went down in December and made a deal to go out. So glad we did. Captain and crew know their stuff, and just because equip is old doesn't mean it is not useable. We caught a sailfish, a blue marlin (rare for this time of year) maybe everything is rare this time of year down there. We also caught a nice dorado almost the size of the marlin. No where to post a photo, but we have a few. 5 mins out we saw whales, 15 mis later the dolphins, and so many sea turtles...it was awesome. Saw a couple of swordfish laying on the water, they can move fast.

Definately use Tony Boat, that is if you want to catch fish, otherwise spend your money on new equip and inexperienced crew.....

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations