We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Topic
Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

People that I know from Toronto and Milwaukee booked reservations on Continental Airlines to vacation in Acapulco back in November. They were to fly into Houston and catch their connecting flight, CO711, at 11:45AM.

This past week they were notified flight CO711 had been moved forward to 9:00AM. This will necessitate there staying overnight in Houston as their first flights do not arrive until after 9:00AM.

Their travel agents are now in the process of attempting to find out if Continental Airlines will pay for a hotel room or are they requiring they spend the night in the airport.

This change is effective on January 5th.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

Patti, it's not a bait N' Switch....They change by a few hours often on that route and there is another flight that goes out later. My November flight out from Houston was just before 12 noon unless something has changed. They would either have 2 flights per day or one, but all of the times that I went when they only had one flight, it was never the 830 or 9am flight. That does stink though if it was done last minute.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,151 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

I believe Need has it right. I have to do a change in Dallas on AA, but if I have to wait, I have to wait. Better Dallas than Toronto. I've waited at Pearson Airport for hours and I've waited on the runway :(. And I would rather wait in a lounge than on the plane.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

I just checked the Continental Airline website and the only possible alternative these individuals might have is a connecting flight on Aeromar Airlines, which will take them into Mexico City and then another flight into Acapulco. They would arrive on the same day but at night time.

Continental has only one daily direct flight from Houston to Acapulco and it will depart at 9:00AM,CO711.

The previous departure time for CO711 was 11:45AM but it changes on January 5.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

As has been said before, airlines can and do change their schedules whenever they want. It is not bait and switch. Maybe they can get on the flight that leaves around 11:30.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

As of Wednesday there is no 11:45 AM flight only 9:00 AM.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

Aeromar departs Houston at 2:00PM and arrives in Mexico City at 4. They have a flight that leaves Mexico City for Acapulco at 7 arriving at 8.:00 PM

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

Patti, I just checked Conti and the 11:40 flight is still showing. What day is your friend leaving? It is possible the flight is sold out and it will not show up when searching.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

uh oh. Maybe they can call Continental and get on an earlier flight from their city of origin in order to make the connecting flight? (I'm also booked on Continental and have done that in the past when they've changed a connecting flight time.. and will do just that this time too).

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

The 11:40 flight out of Houston is moved effective January 5. If you check CO711 after that date the new time is 9:00AM.

Edited: 03 January 2011, 16:13
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,492 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Continental Airlines--"Bait & Switch"

I checked for week day and also weekend departures. Both the 9:00 am and the 11:40 am are showing. When are your friends leaving?