We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental R U sure on this change ????

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Topic
Continental R U sure on this change ????

I just called the airlines this morning to change a flight time was suppose to depart from MPLS @ 5:25 changed to 6:33 depart for Houston leave there @ 11:40 arrive Acap 2:25.

Why would she not tell me this morning there is a change ???? she found different things she changed so I am really comfused on all the replys, so does that mean I get there and m going no where ???? or at least @ the 11:40 departure which is CO711 on my ticket...

I am leaving Jan 10th please respond if this is wrong so we can call & get another ticket.....

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
968 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

i think you need to call the airlines and talk to a different clerk or supervisor or your travel agent if you booked through one and discuss this with them. You need to straighten this out with them before you leave rather than relying on TA members for advice.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

Yes, I called Continental and got results. Call them directly.

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

I just checked the Continental website and flight 711 from Houston to Acapulco departs at 9:00AM from gate E2. There is no 11:40AM departure to Acapulco.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,233 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

Kathy, I agree with cmr. No sense flailing around about flights on this forum. Go to the source. See you at the Bor?

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

I did call and it is all fine just as it was ,

But for you people who see the 9:00 departure its from a stay over night.in Houston.

Otherwise flight CO711 still departs at 11:40

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

It appears from what you are saying 711 departs some days at 9:00 and on other days at 11:40, correct?

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,584 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

That is how I read it Patti. At first it seemed there was a pattern but then a week of two later it would change again. Anyone who has a question should get on the phone with Conti. One advantage of their customer service is that they are located in Tampa so you know you will most likely understand the person you reach. If you don't get a satisfactory answer, call back and speak with someone else or ask to speak with a supervisor. They sure created a mess with these schedule changes.

St. Paul, Mn
Level Contributor
224 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

As I said earlier I talked to a agent yesterday, & she said the 5,6,7,8,9,10,11 etc. are still all 11:40 I told her I read this on TA, she said there is no change that she could see. Told me to go to Cont, punch in dates (not my confirmed) which I did and it is the same . But I did scroll down & yes there is the flight you said. But it is a stay over in Houston from Mn. Anyway its cold here I can't wait to leave .. See ya Jane @ Bocona

Browerville...
Level Contributor
538 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

Today 711 is scheduled to depart gate E24 in Houston at 9:00AM. No 11:40AM departure. This information was found on the Continental website.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Continental R U sure on this change ????

Patti, that's what I've been saying all along. Some days they have the 2 flights and some days just the early morning flight. Sometimes they change it up and looks like your friends probably got caught up in that.

I'm fairly certain the hotels around the airport are very very cheap. If all else fails, they can head into downtown Houston and have a big ole steak at Papas or Vic's :-) Houston is a really cool place.