We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Prices of drivers/guides

NJ
2 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Prices of drivers/guides

Can anyone tell us the prices for the drivers/guides that we keep reading about (Robert, Sebastian, etc.)? How much is it for the 1/2 day tour, how much for trip from Grand Mayan to restaurants and shops?

Tour by Van
Sightseeing Tours, Private Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours, Nature & Wildlife Tours
Asistur Acapulco
Sightseeing Tours, Archaeology Tours, City Tours
Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

You will need to email them. Let them know exactly what you want and they will get back to you with quotes. I would email several different drivers. Click on the link to the right for private transportation under top questions and you will find the drivers and their email addresses. Note the ones with an * are recommended and have been used by forum members.

NJ
Level Contributor
80 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

All I can say without giving out exact prices is that Ciro Salazar (listed in the drivers section) was by far the best price compared to both Sebastian, Roberto and Angel. Very good tour, knows the city like the back of his hand as he should and he's very polite and a good driver. Try contacting him and comparing his prices with the others? That's what I would do.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

Personally, I don't think you need a guide or a driver to enjoy Acapulco. Buses and cabs are so plentiful and cheap, putting yourself in someone else's hands on vacation seems counter-productive. However, the GM is out there and they have their own culture of drivers that compete fiercely for clients. My advice would be to negotiate a fare with the drivers at the hotel from the GM to Walmart and from there the world is your oyster. Getting home will be even easier> Bon Voyage!~

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

J n J

As Jane stated feel free to email a few drivers if you like to compare $$ and I have always recommended a city tour for 1st time visitors if for no other reason to just get the lay of the land. And most of the drivers/guides have more comfortable vehicles then many of the city cabs and better A/C as well.

Canada
Level Contributor
287 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

If you do use a driver for a tour I would recommend that you take the sunset boat cruise as well. It lets you see the whole of the area from the water and I have found that our first time to Acapulco guests have really loved it. It is under $20 per person for about 3 1/2 hours including free drinks and live music. It leaves from the Zocolo area every day at around 4:30pm. You can get tickets from Walmart and they are good for any day.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,710 posts
101 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

Canadasun is referring to the Acarey and you can purchase your tickets at the dock if you are not in the Walmart area. It is a beautiful trip around the bay and you will get to watch a great sunset from the water. Open bar, live music, dancing and plenty of seating.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

I just got back from a 10 day cruise last night and we stopped in Acapulco on Jan 9th. We booked a day with Sebastian (thank you truck2chief) and there were 13 of us.

I had opened the day up to some of the other cruisers on my cruise roll call hoping to fill the van for Sebastian and we did his Aca city tour which nomally takes 5 hours with us it took 7 hours. Sebastian was incredible and I will be writing a review WONDERFUL DAY :) LOVED IT!!!

The time for private & professional ACApulco Highlights Tour is aprox is 4-5 hours and the cost of this sightseeing is depend of the number of people:

Group of 2 People ... $65 dollars. P/P

Group of 4 People ...$35 dollars P/P

Group of 6-8People...$30 dollars P/P

Group of 10-12 People...$25 dollars P/P

We paid $30 each 25 plus a 5 dollar tip.....I told my fellow cruisers it was $30 as I did not want Sebastian not to be tipped....we tip 20% but with strangers you never know.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,360 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

Wat to go Q2! I like your tipping strategy. The locals will remember you and your graciousness.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,193 posts
247 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

Excellent Quincy I was hoping you had a great time thanks for getting back.

Shawnigan Lake...
Level Contributor
5,545 posts
123 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Prices of drivers/guides

Thanks you two :) I am going to do a proper review and plaster it al over Cruise Critic and TA and other sites...Sebastian was truly wonderful and it was an incredible day :)

OMG I am so tired but we had such a great day in Acapulco!!!! LOVED it! It was the day of the Political Rally so we couldn't disembark until noon....you would not believe the times I had to quench the fears of my fellow cruisers...that this was an actual peaceful rally, I am sure some of them thought it was Drug Cartals....sigh....can't fix stupid but I can try....one cruiser at a time.

speaking of cruisers....

I have to say I am so not the typical cruiser and some of the comments I heard (especially from this South African bimbo......"excuse me, driver but do the local fear the drug lords?? Mr.QT sat closer to her then *I* did and told me some of the stuff later. He was afraid I would do damage before hand. Too bad for her I sat across from her at lunch and heard some stuff that *I* had to stomp on her for....LOL

During lunch she was horrible with the servers and when it came time to pay for our lunch...she pulled out USD and said, " Mexicans LOVE USD but we need to know the proper exchange rate so we don't get ripped off" by this time I had decided that I disliked her and I had had a very good very strong Margarita.....Many that read my posts on TA and Cruise Critic know that my pet peeve is paying USD in Mexico "because it is what Mexcians want us to use" {{{insert eyeroll}}} "but we have to find out the best exchange rate so we don't get ripped off" <-----watch out here cause those are fighting words with me.

As I heard her say both sentances I looked at her as if she were a threatening thug and I was like a mother lioness protecting her cub (Mexico) and decided to treat her like I would a stupid poster on TA or Cruise Critic. After the end of my rant to her, she paid in USD (all she had) but apologized for it and made sure she paid 10-1 to cover the hasslement of exchanging it over to peso for the servers)and tipped well.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco