We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cajeta con leche ???

seattle
Level Contributor
75 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Cajeta con leche ???

I'm not sure what I'm looking for, but I think it's candy. I asked a neighbor what he would like from Mexico and this is what he said.. I think. Did I understand that it comes wrapped in a thin wood and flavors like vanilla & caramel? Where do I look for it? Thanks!

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

well cajeta is made with milk goats milk....ask your neighbour if he wants the thin candy type or the liquid type that comes in a bottle.....i will tell you where you can find this very close to the pier....if you come out on to the main drag go to the right walk down the street past a place called tacos and beer keep walking a bit more and you will see a grocery store called commercial mexicana......use the traffic lites at the corner to cross the street do not attempt to run across the street when you see a break in the traffic please use the traffic lites....the cajeta candy you can find in the candy section towards the back where the potato chips are..... and you will find the liquid cajeta where you find the jam and syrup for pancakes......need anymore help just ask ....zzaa

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

ps this is a ten minute walk away from the pier....happy sailing ....zzaa

seattle
Level Contributor
75 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

Thanks zzaa! Tacos & Beer is already in my notes - "try tacos al pastor con queso at tacos & beer."

So I'll just cross the street after lunch & see the market. I'll probably get him both types, but I'm pretty sure he meant the candy. Visiting the local grocery is always one of our favorite things in every country. I still chuckle about the "teddy bear face" bologna in Gibraltar.

No worries on the street crossing. Here in Seattle it is socially unacceptable (& expensive)to not cross at a signal.

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

to get your tacos at tacos and beer you will have to go after six.....they have a seafood menu during the day and at six the menu changes to the taco menu.......zzaa

seattle
Level Contributor
75 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

Ahh- Thanks for the warning. Nothing worse than having your mouth all set for something and not getting it. I bet the seafood is good too. I'll try to find my taco in Cabo.

Level Contributor
1,689 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

ZZAA...is the seafood good at tacos and beer during the day????? What do they serve??? $$$$??

Level Contributor
7,972 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: Cajeta con leche ???

no not for seafood so many good places to go rather than tacos and beer for seafood....but i really do like there taco menu.....the most expensive taco dish is about 6 bucks.....yes there are cheaper places for tacos but i like tacos and beer downtown location because it is clean good service yummy tacos.... and close to my home....good enough......zzaa