We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Workout places..

michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Topic
Workout places..

Where are these places that you speak of? How much per day or week? 15 days and counting..

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Workout places..

There is Nautilus in Costa Azul, there is a new place on the Costera upstairs from Carmenere restaurant and the Villa Vera has a small gym. Don't expect any gym to come close to the gyms we have in the states.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,053 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Workout places..

As for as the Fiesta Americana goes I imagine there gym is better then most in town. are you staying on the Costera?

michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Workout places..

Yes I am. La torre de Acapulco. Just looking for a safe place to get rid of some late night tacos..

michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Workout places..

Any idea on the price for any of these places?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Workout places..

Viva, At home I have my gym routines, but I've pretty much given up on my routine while in Aca. What I've been doing lately is go jogging either in the a.m. or just after sundown..........even if I'm sleep deprived and I picked up some awesome total body routines done mostly with just body weight that leave me more sore sometimes. I'll do this work out a couple of times and then I'm just way to relaxed and forgo the whole work out all together LOL.

Do you know those huge water jugs we buy in Walfart with the handle around the top? They are awesome for side laterals and one arm bi-cep curls....Step ups on the room chair, body squats back against the wall, and renegades right on the floor.....I'll do this one or two times and then real laziness kicks in. :-)

I totally can relate to working off late night tacos and boozing...I think the jogging is the only thing that keeps me alive after 2 weeks of nonstop shinannigans.

San Jose, California
Level Contributor
794 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Workout places..

Nautilus is 380 pesos for a week and we did two weeks last Feb. and it was like 750 I think. We stay at the Velero y Galeon condos not too far from where you are staying and walk down there in the morning, I don't know what the hours are though for the evening hours.

michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: Workout places..

Need, I would love to run in the morn. Not sure how safe it is though. I can't imagine that much trouble at 8:00 a.m. Wall squats, don't you love them?

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Workout places..

Viva.....My workouts suffered a lot in the past 3yrs and I'm not what I used to be, but in the past couple of months I've changed everything around and yeah, wall squats are intense. I've learned a lot of new things using just body weight that's intense. Jogging at 8am is more than safe crime wise IMO.

At home I don't like cardio at all, but down there I enjoy a good run. I'll be down next week if you want to go for a run. Also, the private sports club off the Costera has a small mountain in the back that you can see from arial views. Reminds me of a mini version of Central Park.......Anyway, a friend of mine belongs there and once took me for a run up the swirling mountain that's steps are made of used tires. I was thoroughly beat up after that. I don't think it's that hard to walk in there un noticed.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Workout places..

Need that mountain is behind the Club de Golf, did it once never again, you can really break a leg there, too many holes, tree roots, etc., I'll stick to the treadmill in Air Conditioning.

michigan
Level Contributor
90 posts
Save Reply
10. Re: Workout places..

Would like to hook up and check out where you stay too. I think that it is right up the hill from me. How long will you there? Also would like to try some of your favorite places to eat. I will get in on Feb 5th.

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations