We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

"GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
"GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

For you steak lovers wanting that bit of prime rib……We had dinner last night at the new restaurant “PRIME HOUSE” which is located in Costa Azul near Nancy’s & Mother Hubbard’s bar. Off the Costera at the end of the street that runs between Suntory and Taco’s Tumbras.

Excellent! Top of the line, tender and juicy

-Jr. Cut – au jus, with salad bar, and baked potato, -$250.00 P

-Sr. Cut – (larger portion) au jus with same; salad & pot. $350.00 P

-Big Mama Cut- (even larger portion) au jus with same $450.00 P

-Stuffed B. Potato with cheese & prime rib with a side spinach salad $130.00 P

-Sub. Baguette with Prime rib, au jus, and side salad $150.00 P

-Mostly meat dishes, shrimp. Side dishes - Soups -$55 P, Baked Pot, mashed pot. with cheese, onion, bacon, Mmmm, asparagus, garlic toast, chili beans and chips, desserts, cheese cake &a bit more too.

New and clean, Nice décor and design, Small place (but not a crowded feeling), service may be somewhat slow as of it, 1 or 2 waiters (1 waiter and helper) Also outside dining; Drinks, Beers, wines…..

Reasonable and most of all EXCELLENT PRIME RIB!!!!

I mean Really, if you are a red meat craver, it is for you!

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,147 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

I'm thinking that 'Dan' will be all over that one - LOL. ;o)

... and maybe Rolynn, too.

Thanks for the posting, 'sun. Sounds like another great spot --- and I know that you don't pass out high marks too easily.

Bryn Mawr...
Level Contributor
1,578 posts
88 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

No offense on beef in Mexico , But I think the last good prime rib from Mexico was Lupe Velez

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

Thanks for the updates regarding new places. Is it the same shopping center of the new Mother Hubbards? That's a really nicely designed shopping center. Too bad they can't overhaul the Costera with that style.

Hope this one is good. Personally if I want a good prime rib, I'll wait my 2 weeks out in Mex and get one at home as I've never been impressed with the taste or size of the ones down there. Asterillios had a good one, but it was very small given it's price.

A date of mine had the prime rib at Carmenere......It was not very good at all.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

You would like this if it was like we had!!

Trust me.... and we do not have the oppotunity to get it every three weeks!!

Actually the meat looked so good from the beginning I knew it would be good....

Astilleros is now calle NAJMA... looks cool, new, light, update and refreshing!! White tables, lime plastic modern chairs-outside and inside dining.....(some nights are getting a bit warmer now) well at least for a while!!

GTG

Pizza, pasta & wraps, soups, salads...more later have to try it first!!! We'll send Rolynn......

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

Ron, you are 200% on that one, lol.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
772 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

What street?

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,011 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

Acasun

I just want to make sure I have this correct. Najma (formerly Astilleros) and Prime House are on the same block?? From your directions btw Tacos tumbras and Suntory at the end of the block is where Prime house is and also according to wiki is also The former Astilleros....

Queretaro City...
Level Contributor
14,503 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

Still sounds pricey to me :))

Chapala, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Chapala, Puerto Vallarta, Nuevo Vallarta, Ajijic, Chapala
Level Contributor
11,963 posts
454 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

stevemex....seems to me all the coastal areas are pricey. Guess it depnds where you are in mexico...

Prime rib lover here and I agree have not had a prime here that could compare to back home in another country LOL. I am here 99.9 % of time, so prime is a treat if can get it so who knows maybe we will try this place...thanks for sharing.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: "GOOD" Prime Rib anyone??

The PRIME HOUSE is located in a newly built building that also is where Mother Hubbard's is located, actually behind M. Hubbards - in the corner.

If you go in from the Costera on the street between Suntory and Taco's Tumbras, you will run into Mother Hubbards and then Prime House.

You will also pass the Old Astillero's, now called Najma on your left.

I will check out the street Again.........