We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

3 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

Hi All,

Has anyone checked out the Banyan Tree Cabo Marques restaurants lately? I'm curious what the average prices are for each (Saffron, La Nao, Las Rocas) are...and of course, if the food is good! It looks like a gorgeous place for a meal but I have to imagine they are hurting a bit with the current tourism economy?

We looked online for Saffron's menu, but their site is not very descriptive.

Would love to hear more - Thanks for the help!

Cheers,

Lindsay

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

About 10 of us decided to try the Sunday Brunch, believe it was 400 pesos for the buffet. Some of us chose the buffet and some chose the menu. We were one of two tables occupied, the service was very slow, took us 20 minutes for our drinks.food, so, so, and my bagel with nova scotia and cream cheese came out on tiny rolls, we all had to laugh, seems the didn't have bagels. I don't think any of us will return, felt the food wasn't good, although the presentation was pretty. The drive in to the property is gorgeous, the property is lovely,,but if you are not a guest you cannot use any of the facilities. Might be a nice choice for dinner, but I'm in no rush to go back. Waiting for some other reviews.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

My buddy from DF had dinner at the Thai place and liked it, but said he's had Thai at cheapy places with better food, but he said it's worth checking out if money is not an issue. He also said it was pretty dead. That place does seem amazing though.......Someone is either losing an enormous amount of money or they are getting a great tax write off on that joint.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

I heard they got rid of a lot of staff, as there wasn't the business to warrant all of the people. That's why the service was so slow. Don't know how they are staying open.

3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
4. Re: Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

Thank you both for your feedback. Agreed on both counts in that I imagine they would be at their best with more through-put. Hope to hear more and that their situation improves, as the Banyan Tree architecture and general offering sound fabulous.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

The Banyan Tree is lovely and tranquil and just so inviting to relax away the afternoon sunset too.................

Very pricey, smaller portions, fair foods but do not out weigh the prices I was told.

We ate there several months ago when there were possibly more people.

We ate by the pool and enjoyed the wildlife of the animals playing in thier territory and wild forest surroundings.

If prices are not a problem.... go for it but as I said we were told Saffrron was just ok and smaller portions ( nuevo..........c)

Lovely and quiet surroundings......................Nice gym equipment too for your stay!

Edited: 22 February 2011, 05:48
6. Re: Banyan Tree Cabo Marques Restaurants

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12 October 2012, 12:16
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco