We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Topic
Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

We are on day two of our stay at Las Brisas. Due to our very late/delayed arrival yesterday, today is just being spent at the La Concha Beach Club and at our casita's pool. First impressions have been terrific! The resort is architecturally unique and meticulously maintained. The service is exceptional- there seems to be a 1:1 employee to guest ratio! At brunch this morning we enjoyed live traditional music as we looked out over the glorious bay. I won't be able to offer as much advice or information as the many great ACA experts (who helped me tremendously during my planning), but if anyone has questions about Las Brisas I'd be happy to try and answer them. I'll check in periodically during the week for updates too.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

LOL. Good stuff. Famous stars and politicians have walked your paths. LB used to be famous for those pink jeeps the guests rent. Now you would be a target in one of those. Get to Walmart on the costera and ride the buses to Caleta and back. Great over view. Try to make note of places you would like to go back and see more of try the Krispy chicken at Paradise by the bunjee jump...

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Mykel

I 2nd Snorks advice lol. A good way to see the city. If you get a chance stop at the El Encanto for lunch or early dinner and snap some pictures. It is truly stunning. Only. 5 min from LB.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Mykel, thanks for keeping us updated...I think many of us enjoy vacationing through others experiences. That 1:1 ratio is good for you, but bad for them...Stunning how nobody is going these days compared with the Playa Del Carmen area.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Mykel is not going to low cheap hotel for a first time in Acapulco...lol. That a good choice of hotel and am sure you will have the best services as you must be paying for it, lol. Nothing but the BEST !!!! You must a Canadian Version of Andrew's US Printing machine $$$$,lol. Be careful and enjoy your stay,Alot to see in Acapulco.

Robert, Montréal,Québec, CANADA

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Robert, Anja and I are still waiting for you to let us borrow your cash printing machine so we can book a trip soon. :-) I especially need yours as I need a new roof :-(

London, Canada
Level Contributor
2,993 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

It's another beautiful morning in sunny Acapulco! The weather is perfect: not too humid during the day, cool enough at night to wear pants and long sleeved shirts and be comfortable. I expected the weather to be more like Huatulco. It's nice not to have to have the a/c running very often. Last night we enjoyed cocktails at Las Brisas's Sunset Bar and watched a picture perfect sunset. Then we went for dinner at BellaVista, the resort's signature restaurant. It's a stunningly designed space with the requisite awesome views. I'm a mid-century design enthusiast so I loved that they're still using the original Bertoia wire chairs from the 1950s. The service was exceptional, and again I think the staff may have outnumbered the patrons (only 5 tables occupied while we were there). I enjoyed the sesame encrusted tuna appetizer (terrific) and the grilled mahi mahi (good). My partner had the mushroom consomme (good) and the salmon (okay). For dessert I had some sort of "three chocolates" concoction that was better in print than in reality, and my partner had the pistachio creme brulee which was very good. They served a tiny cup of spinach cappuccino (great) and a strange dollop of what they called a mango sorbet (more like a gelatin) in between courses, along with some interesting breads and flavoured butters. There was ambient candlelight, sounds from a rockwall waterfall and someone on the grand piano to add to the experience. We thought the 1560 pesos was very fair for the quality of the meal and the service. We will dine there again later in the week. Tonight though I want to try one of the more casual and authentic Mexican restaurants recommended here on Tripadvisor. I'm still waiting for a "perfect" margarita! Now off to the beach club for another afternoon by the bay...

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Just so you don't get too spoiled, someone should drag you to the big market...maybe with a hangover LOL

MIAMI
Level Contributor
770 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

"Perfect margarita"....my choices:

Los Flamingo Hotel (COCKTAIL ONLY; don't dine there; and a great sunset)

Su Casa...try the Mexican menu....

Zorrito's for "nitty-gritty"; have a queso fundido and a margarita.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

I agree with Miami's choices Sucasa makes an excellent Margarita. And you must get over to Los Flamingos for both the drink and the sunset.

Edited: 14 March 2011, 18:51
Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Live from Las Brisas: March 12-19

Everyone has their our taste for margaritas, but I've had excellent margaritas at the following places.

Golden bar (across from Baby O's) ask for Gaby or Poncho

Jimmy's restuant (across from Baby O's) ask for Andy and especially Tony

Paradise (by the Bunjy jump) also a must-get the krispy chicken and mixto rice

Barbaroja(by Bungy) also great steaks/Seafood - ask for Steve or Victor - You won't be disappointed.

Tell them Debby and Chocolate send you. They are my friends for over 15 years.

Great Mexican food at El Nono, across from Soriano store by the big Mexican flag.