We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Puerto Marques construction.

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Puerto Marques construction.

FYI, Traffic problems seem to getting worse. I don't want to count the hours I've been stuck in traffic between Costco and PM. As I left Costco tonight traffic was at a stand still and backed up to Wallmart. I budged my through, hopped the median and took a left. In any case, anyone traveling to or from the airport may want to bypass and use the tunnel. Does anyone have any info on when they are supposed to be done?

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

The only other passable way is through the tunnel out to the entrance of the Highway that leads onto the main Blvd near the Mayan.

It also is a long way around and plus the cost of the FEE of the highway...

Patience and do not think yoou can go to the airport fast any more as of the trafic at the bridge which seems may take a few more weeks (UGH)

We go to Costco at night calculating enough time to shop til they close and either return then or hit some where in the area for a bite before the trip back.

Haven't been there early, early morning yet but next time I plan to go before 8 a.m. when I need to go to that area...

Yes is is a real trip... I guess the trip in from Bonfil/BarraVieja took 2 hours before getting to the Forum... Lots of people living and vacationing too in that area

UGH I hope it will be functioning soon and helps with traffic or else another $$ error in Bridges here!!!! They just can't seem to do them well???

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

Oh.... the trip from Bonfil was a Xmas time ....sorry!!!

Memphis, Tennessee
Level Contributor
32 posts
36 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

they claim they will be complete by April 1st, but I just can't see it! The construction has traffic SEVERLY backed up!

Browerville...
Level Contributor
537 posts
27 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

I was told that it should be finished prior to Palm Sunday. Let us hope that is factual.

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

Palm Sunday 2011 or 12? jajajajajaj They seem to be pouring the deck and painting the guard rails indicating the end is in sight but you never know. I hear rumors, just nothing solid. Someone said that the new governor takes office on April 1st and it has to be completed by then. Then someone else tells me that the drainage for the lagoon collapsed and more delays should be expected. It seems the intersections on either side cause the most problems even when there are guys standing there with machine guns only half of the vehicles As well as when your going north bound 4 lanes merge into one and then buses and taxis stop to pick up/ drop off fairs within 50m stretch of that single lane. I can fell myself getting worked up just thinking about it. Serenity NOW!!!! jajajajajajajajaj

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,140 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

I took the long way and came through the tunnel once coming in from the airport. I found it interesting and the tunnel was cool....literally!

Acapulco
Level Contributor
2,014 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

ACAallday, the one thing that you did really wrong was you went out there on a week-end, you wouldn´t catch me out there then for love nor money. Acasun, you can´t go out too early because Costco opens at 9am so it looks as though we are done in either way. The long way around doesn´t look so bad anymore.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

Actually I beleive they open at 10. and depends where you are coming from in the Bay area...

I have a few things out there to keep me busy; Sam's first until 9:30 then hit COSTCO for breakfast; coffee and a cookie...........

Some have taken the regular short cut and hear the road is really trecherous and full of pot holes? YIKES!!!

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

I live in La Marquesa and try to make regular trips over the hill a few times a week. A week ago Monday I left at 11 and it took an hour to pass the construction from Costco, on a Monday. It seems hit and miss as to when it will be bad, the evenings consistently being the worst. I feel sorry for those who come here for a short time only to spend 1/4 of there vacation in traffic.

I took the short cut as I wanted get to Auto Zone and stop with my girlfriend at her moms in Coloso. It was the third time I had taken it, but the thing is now every colectivo driver has noticed it and its becoming overrun, so I was face with a back up on the short cut. The entire route would qualify as a pot hole before it would a road. A few locals were directing traffic to an alternate route.(accepting tips of course) I was wary but it was still daylight and went with it. I would call it a path before calling it a road but it connected to another road and worked. The outlet being right by that first walking overpass bridge on the way to Coloso and did save quite a bit of time.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Puerto Marques construction.

Yes the joys of living in Paradise!!!!!!!!!!!!

You´re Brave