We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

La Palapa

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
La Palapa

Last night I noticed there wasn't a light on in the hotel, not even the hall lights. Is this another sign of the times, does anyone know anything? Is it closed?

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: La Palapa

I believe the Electric company caught up with them as did the water company??

Got to pay those expenses!!! OR off goes the switch....

From what I hear anyways!!!

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: La Palapa

Thanks, Acasun, that's a bit better than their being closed.

Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: La Palapa

well they are mostly privately owned condos and if the owners don't pay maint.........I guess all suffer !!!!!!!!!!

too bad, nice pool though and beach front!!!!!!!!

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,056 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: La Palapa

Rolynn

I think the last 2 reviews say it all and the most recent is 3/3/11 and it clearly shows they are in trouble.

tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g150787-d155677…

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: La Palapa

Thanks Truck, it just is so strange to see a building of that size right in front of me with no lights. Poor owners, I had no idea it was condo, thought it was a hotel.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: La Palapa

I remember spring breakers staying there and seeing it online as a hotel, but this could have been a couple of years ago.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: La Palapa

That's ACAPULCO's reality...no business minds....they don't invets $$$$ and ater the city cries saying that tourits don't want to go back....!!!!!A dump is a dump..they should put down that place and built something NEW !!!!

Robert, Montréal, Quebec,CANADA

Houston, Texas
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
1,861 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: La Palapa

The owners pay the HOA their monthly maint fees, which cover the water expenses and usually just the common areas electricity (such as halls and outside lighting) expenses. But then the owners find out the board of directors and the HOA, has had its hands in the cookie jar instead of paying the bills.

9. Re: La Palapa

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 28 October 2012, 20:17
Get answers to your questions about Acapulco
Recent Conversations