We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,833 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

The Secretaria de Turismo announced that the Tianguis Turístico held in Acapulco each April, will be moving from Guerrero to another destination next year. Travel agents and travel and tour companies come from around the world to this event.

hummmmm!! Lots of money lost here.

1. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may post again if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 01 April 2011, 03:19
Acapulco!!
Level Contributor
4,496 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

I really will miss the event in Acapulco but Mexico needs publicity right now

"GOOD PUBLICITY"

and Mexico has so much to offer, that for a change it might be a good Idea?!?

but I beleive the Deceased President who started this for Acapulco (and all of Mexico) Pres. Aleman, is turning over in his grave!!!

Madder than H- - - !

Just my thoughts and we'll miss the publicty here but they'll be back...Somethings just do not change!!!!!

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

Another nail in the coffin.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

Acasun, I'm sure Sinatra and Liz Taylor are also rolling in their grave over what's happening to the status of Aca. Sad to see so many good people suffer through this and also stinks big time as I'm not going to spend 3 vacations per year in a place with this level of violence and lack of visitors. The peace and quiet is nice only to a point. I will continue going of course, just not as many times through the year.

Zihuatanejo, Mexico
Destination Expert
for Ixtapa, Zihuatanejo, Cabo San Lucas
Level Contributor
10,833 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

Here was the first article...

realacapulco.com/en/news/3176/tianguis-turis…

There was a longer one in my travel agent magazine....but you need to sign in to read it.

and...

A very very interesting follow up article about all of this!!!

realacapulco.com/en/news/3179/locals-counter…

Edited: 01 April 2011, 19:52
NJ
Level Contributor
8,676 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

That follow up article is interesting and they should voice out loudly given the history of the Tianguis. I don't know the politics of it, but if the Tianguis is a private enterprise, then I don't see how the government can interfere with their decision, but if it's funded by government funds than I think they probably can influence it.

One would think, given their history in good times, that they'd reconsider their loyalties, but as a business owner, I guess it's all about money at the end of the day. I hope the reverse this decision because as Rolyn said and I agree, it's another nail on the coffin.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

Thanks for that link Judy that site has alot of good info and Need I too hope something can be done it just seem like a shame to have this happen.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
1,562 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

lack of visitors...and he quietness of the city is the main reason why I swith to Cancun in 2011. No regrets as I loved Cancun, Playa Del Carmen, Isla Mujeres and Riviera Maya. The place is full of visitors and the ACTION is still ALIVE...PARTY TIME was there.In 2009, I allready found ACA becoming a quiet city and the CARNAVAL feeling was falling down...In 2010, it was a really too quiet fo me...What happen to those crazy and fun time walking on the Costera, full of people having a blast of a PARTY TIME....I said, no more....Felt I did not want to see thsi city go down further DOWN !!!!

Hope things changed, because I would go back if I would get back IF the city would be as I first felt i love with it in 1994 :-))))Hope that ACAPULCO shakes itself UP and get back what it lost in the past 2 years....

Robert, Montréal, Quebec, CANADA

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

IMO there are positive aspects of the city that go beyond the party scene, such as the friendliness of the natives, many of whom you recognize after a few trips. They are a delight to converse with and they watch out for the tourists in regard to their safety. In years past I've gotten lost off the beaten path (solo) and even then never felt threatened.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
6,995 posts
225 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Tianguis Turistico to move from Acapulco...

I know what you mean Lacallie and agree but I also understand what Robert means. I believe at some point in time when all of this subsides there will be a resurgence in tourism. Despite what the other city's offer Aca stand alone when tourism is high and the nightlife is a huge reason why.

Not just the clubs but even along the costera it just was always alive. The weekends this year I noticed good crowds but not like in years past, Don't worry Robert you will be back and it will be alive again.