We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cabrito

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
Cabrito

This restaurant is very good. It is an open air restaurant on the street near Hard Rock Cafe. You can eat outside or inside and it's a very clean restaurant with good English speaking staff. They are known for having authentic Mexican cuisine from different regions.

The two dishes that I know are excellent there are the Chicken Mole (made with 32 different ingredients) and their chicken enchiladas and their steak Tampico style.

They also have very good salads, a nice fruit plate and you can eat fresh goat here if you choose. There is a glass room with a large charcoal grill where you can see it roasting...pretty different.

The prices are very reasonable about 16 dollars for an entree that comes with rice and veggies. Also, if you want natural brewed iced tea, they have it and they will give it to you in a one litre glass. They always have a decent crowd.

Connecticut
Level Contributor
9,202 posts
1 review
Save Reply
1. Re: Cabrito

Sounds like you enjoyed the Goat, amigo!

Unfortunately, we never did get back to this one - so, maybe next time?!

Thanks for the write-up; but, still need to find out where else you ate???

Just got your message - will try to touch bases maybe later tonight.

Ron

Michigan
Level Contributor
25 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Cabrito

I also love the cabrito I have had the goat few times but I normally get the chicken tacos they come with avocado and chips and salsa for 60 pesos 6 bucks.

I dont stay at the Villa vera but when I am in Acapulco I normally end up at the pool a couple of days. It really is one of the best places to relax in Acapulco. After some long nights in the clubs nothing is better than having some drinks at the pool and relaxing.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cabrito

Scotty, I have one better than that regarding the V.V. After a night at the clubs, nothing is better than getting back to your room at 6am and continuing the party in the pool...just be sure to not make too much noise. The V.V. is funny, sometimes it is the scene of all scenes and sometimes it's just dead, but you have to be there for the ups and downs to reap the benefits.

As for Cabrito...There salads are also very good and that chicken with the Mole is excellent. I think this place prides itself on fresh ingredients and authentic classic recipes....there Chicken enchiladas are top notch as well.

seattle
Level Contributor
75 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cabrito

Hey Need - About that fresh roasted goat... ah, how to phrase this- How did you feel the day after you ate the goat? Like- maybe the 24 hours after you ate the goat? You did say you ate the goat, right? I don't want to be the only one who had my first experience of eating roasted goat in ACA. If you'll note in my summary of my Sunday in ACA I didn't say anything about my lunch experience.

NJ
Level Contributor
8,678 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cabrito

I didn't eat it this year, but I have in the past. It's fine...It's like eating chicken. You will see it roasting...it's very fresh..they cut off a section with bones and you dig in...it's really not wierd once you see what I'm talking about.

I'm more in love with the chicken in mole sauce

Middletown, Oh
Level Contributor
631 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cabrito

On our last day in ACA we met a guy who lives close to us in Ohio. We had lunch with him and his daughter. Turned out he had married a gal from ACA after many visits over the years and moved her back to Ohio. They were there staying for four weeks.

Anyways.... during our lunch the talk turned to restaurants and good places to eat. Cabrito was one of the first ones he mentioned. That was after he told us about the lunch they had at a local place in Coloso (spelling?). I don't think many tourist venture to that neck of the woods.

Jim

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco