We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

Which Acapulco hotels are on sale?
dd/mm/yyyy dd/mm/yyyy
See hotels
New Jersey
3 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

What are my transportation options (taxis, shuttles, bus, etc.) from the airport to the Fairmont Princess? Please include pricing estimates (if known) as well as any good experiences with shuttles.

Thanks!

Acapulco, Mexico
Level Contributor
702 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

There is a cab stand inside the airport. The quickest way is, go to the stand and pay the advertised fare.(which aren't really that inflated) If you want to save a buck go outside and find a cabby that is sitting around waiting and negotiate with him, then have him go with you to buy the ticket. If he gives you a better fare he'll need to tell the guy at the desk, 100-150 pesos should get you there.

New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

1. Avoid the timeshare sharks who you can recognize at the airport when they approach you speaking in nearly perfect English.

2. go outside and find out which company's collectivo is leaving first. Then go back inside to the taxi stand, make it clear that you want a collectivo (and not a taxi unless you're willing to pay an exorbitant fare), pay 100 pesos or $10 (per person), and choose the company's name on the computer screen that you've secured while outside for the fastest exit. Or

3. you can click on the "private transportation" link on the R side of this page for email addys of private drivers available to set up private transportation ahead of time.

MIAMI
Level Contributor
770 posts
82 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

FYI; the Princess is virtually the first stop on the Collectivo tour; so it won't take much time once you secure a ticket.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

I always take the collectivo. Easy, safe and cheap.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

LOL, Janie. Like my highschool sweetheart: Easy, safe and cheap! Beats ugly but doable :)

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

Hello,

I do not recommend waiting until you get to the airport to find a cab. The taxi drivers over there are not very honest and are waiting for tourists to empty their pockets. Bargaining with them is annoying.

I recommend you calling 1 877 20 25614 and book the cab before getting there. They can offer you that service and also a good deal at the Hotel. their website is www.iubik.us

If you have more questions let me know... I hate when tourists have trouble in the airports. My email is zero477 hotmail. com

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,152 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

I still vote for a collectivo. The only cabs allowed to pick up at the airport are "authorizado" and their rates are fixed. Used to be able to barter, but not anymore. Tommyruss is only going to the Princess and that should be a pretty short run.

Pinellas Park...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
3,494 posts
89 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

If you decide you want to hire a private driver use the following link with recommended drivers.

tripadvisor.com/Travel-g150787-c12729/Acapul…

You can email them several of them and they will give you a quote. Although the collectivo will be the cheapest ride to the Princess.

Edited: 20 October 2011, 15:15
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
2,203 posts
19 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

The Princess is only about a 5 minute ride from the airport.

Mexico City, Mexico
Level Contributor
2 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Transportation: Airport to/from Fairmont Princess

The collectivo Taxis is a good idea to transport within Acapulco, but I do not think they reach the airport... If they reach the airport, they wont do it very oftenly.

My advice again is to be sure that you to have that arrenged before getting there... In Cancun those .... charge defenseless tourists 60 dolars .... When the normal cost should be of 10 to 15 dolars. Acapulco should be the same