We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Continental/United merger

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Continental/United merger

Got back to Aca on Sunday, used mileage on Continental.

The flight from LGA to Houston, was on United, which means you come in at a United Terminal, the flight to Aca was on Conti, which means you have to completely change terminals. The Conti Terminal is on the other side of the Airport, and you have to take the train to the plane.

Don't know if this is the way it's going to be but if you have a tight connection and they schedule it this way you won't make it. It's a long walk to the train. Just a heads up for anyone going that route.

Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Level Contributor
178 posts
6 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Continental/United merger

Even if you were on Cont. LGA to HSTN, you would have to go to a different terminal, Internatiomal terminal. I believe Cont. Is in terminal B and the Cont. international is in terminal E. So, you should be good, just hope you have enough time. On the return flight, you prob will have the same circumstance. International terminal to Domestic terminal. Hope this helps.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Continental/United merger

Been doing this for years and it's the first time it was really a hassle. It used to be walkable, not anymore. Understand the International vs National Terminals, but different airlines ugh.

Ontario
Level Contributor
4,249 posts
15 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Continental/United merger

Good for you, Rolynn. As the govn'r said: Welcome Home!

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Continental/United merger

Thanks Snork, got out of Jackson, just in time as the snow has started to fall, and the nights are in the 20's. Always great to be back in this glorious weather,

had a rainy night but the sun is shining and the breeze is blowing. Besides the great view, it's all about the weather. Maybe the gov't should do that old promotion during season where they give you a free day if it rains. They've got to do something, at 9pm there are almost no cars on the Costera, everyone is staying home. Poor Aca.

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Continental/United merger

Hi Rolynn

I had to go with Continental from Toronto via Houston last year and had to have a 8 hour lay over so I went to a Houston hotel.

So the Costera is empty, what about the bars, restaurants, clubs, beach etc.

Was Mango's, or Paradise, or Barbaroja happening ?

Are there any hotels closed down? I love the weather in Acapulco but without the people it is not the same. What also is the security situation did it feel like an armed camp, was there lots of Federales or the Army ?

Thanks so much for whatever you can report, as many of us regulars might be sitting out this year, or trying another destination.

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Continental/United merger

Heatison, I have no idea as I haven't been out. Been advised to only go out between 10 and 6, and guess that's what a lot of locals are doing.I'm the only one in my building, it's a building of 24 apartments, which is a bit unusual as there are a few snowbirds that come early but won't be down till November. I do know that my taxi driver from the airport took some women to Baikal on Saturday night, they were the only ones there and the service and food wasn't good. It's difficult for a restaurant to serve really fresh food when there aren't any customers. I do think the Diamante area is busy, I will get over there as I need a Costco run. My friend owns El Cabrito Diamante and she seems to be a bit busy. El Cabrito in town is now closed one day per week, they were open 7 days until recently. A sign of the times.

Yoho National Park...
Level Contributor
447 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Continental/United merger

Rolynn

Thanks so much for the update, so nice to get "the real story" from somone on the ground there.

Please provide further updates when you can it is greatly appreciated by all, especially when we know you will not sugarcoat anything and tell it like it is.

Also, can you find out how El Zorrito's is doing ?

Thanks again and I heard it was around 90 degrees today?

Take care and have a fun, safe trip

Jackson, Wyoming
Level Contributor
1,414 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Continental/United merger

As I get out and about, I'll keep you all posted. Weather at the moment is around 82 and a bit cloudy, but nice.

Mesa, AZ
Level Contributor
639 posts
23 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Continental/United merger

Rolynn....I echo heatison. Any and all info you can provide on the current situation down there I'm sure will be greatly appreciated by all regular Aca visitors as well as potential newbies who may be on the fence about whether to head down there this season. Thanks in advance.

Floral Park, New...
Destination Expert
for Acapulco
Level Contributor
7,080 posts
227 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Continental/United merger

Nice to see you are back home Rolynn and thanks for the information!!

Get answers to your questions about Acapulco